Bowhead / UIC Technical Services
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opening based on upcoming business needs.
Bowhead seeks a Proposal Manager to lead the development and delivery of proposals for the organization's products and services. The Proposal Manager reviews Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and packages Bowhead's services/capabilities into winning bid or proposal responses. This position works with capture managers, business development directors, and different business lines to provide best value and technically acceptable products to the government customer.
Leads the development and delivery of proposals for the organization's products and services. Coordinates technical, pricing, contractual, and internal proposal support resources (Proposal Developers/Specialists) to ensure appropriate response to RFPs, and timely submission of proposals and additional information requests. Prepares for expected solicitations, analyzes solicitations, develops proposal framework, assigns tasks, develops schedules, and facilitates all meetings and reviews. Works with capture managers and operational SMEs to gather technical information, and incorporate strategies and win themes. Serves as central contact point on assigned proposals and leads multi-discipline or cross-functional teams. Exhibits technical and operational proficiency in the primary duties of the job family. Exhibits technical and operational proficiency in the primary duties of the job family.
Essential functions will include:
• Coordinate technical, pricing, contractual, and internal proposal support resources (Proposal Developers/Specialists) to ensure appropriate response to RFPs, and timely submission of proposals and additional information requests.
• Prepare for expected solicitations, analyze solicitations, develop proposal framework, assigning tasks, develop schedules, and facilitate all meetings and reviews.
• Work with Capture Managers and Operational SMEs to incorporate strategies and win themes, and work with subject-matter experts to gather technical information.
• Serve as central contact point on assigned proposals and leading multi-discipline or cross-functional teams.
• Exhibit technical and operational proficiency in the primary duties of the job family.
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or similar, plus 1 – 4 years of professional experience (Level I); plus 5 – 8 years of professional experience (Level II). An equivalent combination of education and direct related experience in a similar competitive proposal setting will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Requires experience managing federal competitive proposals throughout the solicitation response process.
• Demonstrated skill authoring proposal sections and analytical writing / synthesis is required.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills (writing, editing, formatting, and producing).
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated detailed-organizational and time management skills. Successful individual will be pro-active, self-driven, and able to meet tight deadlines ranging from two weeks to 30 days, or more.
• Demonstrated flexibility regarding work schedules and shifting priorities.
Experience working for a Small Business and/or an 8(a), Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC) is a plus, as this type of work environment and culture are very different from working for a large integrator/organization.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: There are currently no Security Clearance requirements for this position; however, candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check. Due to the location of this work, US Citizenship is required. Bowhead reserves the right to change this requirement if necessitated by business needs or contractual obligations.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
About the Company
Bowhead / UIC Technical Services
UIC Government Services (UICGS) and its Bowhead family of companies are a division of Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC), an Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC). UIC is one of the largest ANC’s in Alaska, and combined with UICGS/Bowhead, we offer a wide variety of services to defense and civilian government agencies that reach across multiple disciplines, the U.S., and the world. With our excellent management team and great range of services in the areas of Information Technology, Logistics & Marine, Manufacturing & Products, Program Management and Operations, and Systems & Technology, we perform over 250 contracts worldwide with innovative business solutions in areas such as engineering, maintenance services, manufacturing, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, our 3,500+ employees of the Bowhead family of companies, UIC, UIC Government Services, UIC Government Construction, and UIC Commercial remain committed to delivering quality results to ensure our customers’ success. Headquartered in Virginia, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation consistently recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) certified small business companies for government contracting.