Public Relations Manager
- 5 years of experience in a PR role
- Proven experience securing national media coverage in print and broadcast media
- Extensive knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office programs
- Bachelor's degree in communications or public relations or relevant work experience
- Persistence, drive and a never-give-up attitude
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking skills
The Public Relations Manager helps develop programs that support the growth of the company. This team member uses their expertise and excellent written and verbal communication skills to represent the company.
- Develop and implement public relations programs to support the company
- Identify and develop story opportunities
- Initiate and maintain media relationships
- Write press releases and articles
- Pitch story ideas
- Plan and oversee press conferences and events
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question – it's part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.