A leading operator of premier US financial marketplaces, is seeking a QA Automation Engineer
with two-three years of experience to join our Cloud Development team based in our New York, NY office.
Our team is responsible for building the next generation real-time applications which include but not limited to internet facing websites, internal websites, real-time application tools and various internal processes. The candidate would work closely with other teams, such as Web, DBA, Business Analysts, Trading, Market Data and our Issuer Services team. While testing these applications you will also be part of the re-platforming initiative to move the remaining on premises applications to the cloud. This is an exciting and amazing opportunity a for passionate, dedicated individual who is comfortable multi-tasking to be part of the team which will continue to embark on both new technologies and our cloud initiative, while building relationships across the organization. Our clients include domestic and international companies, both public and private.
Our newly redesigned headquarters foster an open and collaborative environment for employees and clients, utilizing more than 33,000 square feet of space. Our NY office is located in Brookfield Place, in the heart of the financial district, surrounded by Hudson River Park and home to luxury retail and dining establishments, featuring extensive public space and world-class amenities.
We invest heavily in employee satisfaction and offer all our employees a highly competitive compensation package. As a dynamic, growing company that fosters an open culture, we emphasize autonomy, responsibility, innovation and self-discipline. We are looking for someone who wants to make an impressive impact at a company known for its reputation on quality and achievement.
In this role you will be provided with the tools needed for success including a team of passionate individuals who are there to support your achievements and celebrate the wins!
Please note, due to COVID-19, we are currently operating in a remote work environment with the voluntary option to work in-office a few days a week. This is a temporary adjustment to the start date work location with phase-in updates provided by the human Resources team.
- Work with our development teams to ensure high quality during the Agile development lifecycle: architecture, story definition, development, testing, and release.
- Write test automation to cover critical integrations and end-to-end workflow.
- Create test tools and processes to tackle the hard problems and help us scale effectively.
- Ensure high quality software is delivered in every release
- Build, test and maintain a scalable test automation framework and test scripts to ensure repeatability, coverage, reliability
- Develop Test Plans, Test cases, Test Procedures for various types of testing such as Ad Hoc, Functional, GUI, Integration, Regression, Data Validation, User Interface, and overall system integration
- Extend and maintain Test Automation Frameworks for Web applications
- Maintain the functional test portion of the Continuous Integration Pipeline in Jenkins
- Troubleshoot application issues and report technical findings to development
- Participate in brainstorming meetings and daily scrums
- Research and resolve any broken automation scripts that fail during execution.
- Work with Product and Engineering to clarify product and technical requirements
- Must be self-motivated and willing to learn. You love to stay on top of new technology and share with others.
- You are enthusiastic about improving our software quality
- Financial Experience pertaining to Trading Platform and Market Data
- Experience with the latest tools and industry best practices of front-end web application test automation (e.g. Protractor, Selenium, expect, mocha) and REST API testing frameworks
- You have 5+ years of experience in QA and automation across different platforms such as Web, Mobile and APIs.
- Good understanding of Xpath, Csspath, HTML, XML, Json structures
- Good knowledge of SQL and 2 - 3 years of experience with databases: PostgreSQL, Informix, My SQL
- Proficient in writing Performance Testing Script using J Meter
- Generate Performance metrics using performance tools and other applications like New Relic, Zenoss, Unix Scripts, AWS interfaces, Database logging
- Knowledge of test technology trends and Web frameworks/tools (React, Angular, NodeJS, etc.)
- Ability to diagnose application issues (reviewing applications logs, reviewing server stats, etc.)
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment
- Solid understanding of software testing practices and SDLC
- Experience working on a team with commitment to ensuring team success
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Linux and Git knowledge
Please note, we will neither sponsor nor relocate for this position.
What we offer its Team Members (why you should choose us):
- Generous vacation policy in addition to 9 annual holidays observed and Summer Fridays.
- Snacks and sodas and a very chic coffee bar.
- Annual bonus and stock incentive program.
- Office refreshments and company happy hours.
- Monday Bagels and Friday Pizza.
- Life and disability insurance, including paid parental leave.
- Health insurance plans designed to meet the various coverage needs and preferences (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health, transit, parking and dependent care, as well as Healthcare Saving.
- Accounts for qualifying plans