Quality Assurance Analyst
Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Quality Assurance Analyst will ensure that all documentation related to product safety, legality, and quality systems is maintained in compliance, with government, customer, and third-party requirements. This position is responsible for facilitating implementation and training for comprehensive systems to ensure Quality and food safety. The focus will be consistent adherence to documented regulatory, corporate and local regulations, standards and practices. Promotes and supports company continuous improvement efforts and initiatives. Ensures that associates adhere to Plant and government regulations with emphasis on safety, quality, food defense, Environmental and food safety.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Supports Food Safety, Food Defense Initiatives, and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1.
- Assist to resolve customer complaints and investigations.
- Assist in monitoring the Environmental Pathogen Program
- Monitors all requirements of third-party auditors such as SQF, AIB, Cert ID, SW Silliker, FDA, USDA, Department of Agriculture
- Conduct/participate in pre-flight & facility self-inspections
- Participates in investigations to determine and to address root causes during special situations, quality failures, regulatory inspections, vendor (ingredient & packaging) related incidents and consumer complaint investigations generated by sanitation failures.
- Monitor and review Preventive Controls and CCPs performance and records
- Assist QFS Manager in any quality and food safety activity and/or project assigned.
Implements improvements to enhance customer service and interactions
- Reviews and updates the Food Safety Program
- Facilitates to train all associates on food safety/food hygiene policies and procedures
- Help provide HACCP, GMP, Allergen control, and lot traceability training to all associates
- Facilitates to train management associates on the plant’s QFS program
- Participate and performs audits and self-inspections
- Conducts audits of procedures used in all areas of the plant and issues a completed report with corrective actions to relevant managers and supervisors
- Works with all departments to keep informational paperwork current (i.e., Kosher certificates, supplier letters of continuing guarantee, supplier lot code verification and supplier food defense compliance letters
- Ensures food safety/hygiene policies and procedures are followed
- Manages the document control program
- Handles traceability exercises
- Monitors the Pest Control Program and Chemical Control Program; analyzes results, develops corrections/alternatives if needed