30+ days ago
Creativity, innovative thinking and the manufacturing of top-quality products have put Lyons Magnus in the forefront of the food industry. Lyons is involved in each phase of the food manufacturing process from the growing of the raw materials to the marketing of the finished products – and everything in between. Lyons produces more than 2,000 different items for the industrial ingredient and foodservice segments, designing products for some of the top restaurant chains in the country, as well as international accounts.
This huge undertaking could not be done without a diverse and talented staff. At Lyons, our people are the heart of our organization. Lyons is proud to cultivate a thriving work environment with employees who are not just satisfied and productive but engaged in creating the future – the company’s and their own.
Lyons Magnus is seeking a Quality Assurance Supervisor (Night Shift) for its Fresno location.
Overview of Position:
A member of the mid-level management position in the QA Dept. for Lyons Magnus, an international food and beverage manufacturer headquartered in Fresno, California. The position requires a deep understanding of problem solving, quality, and technology expertise. These techniques include but not limited to quality and safety assurance of all products, plant and equipment capabilities, accuracy of formulations, GMPs, HACCP guidelines and technical leadership practices in developing Lyons Food Safety and Quality Assurance best practices . In the absence of the Quality Assurance PQG Supervisor, the Sr. Director or Quality Manager will assume the below responsibilities.
Description of Responsibilities:
• Supervise all PQG Technicians on the off shifts to ensure that batches are tested as prescribed in the formulas, proper techniques-SOPs and best practices are applied to achieve compliance to product specifications.
• Support all QA functions on the off shifts., such as batch adjustments for all processing lines, processing line checks and verifications including brix, viscosity, pH, T.A and any other analytical analysis as required by a customer or formula.
• Verify all laboratory and PQG SOPs; and performance metrics are met or exceeded, with a focus on customer expectations.
• Ensure that process control checklists, as developed, are filled out completely by all operators (including, but not limited to sterilization check lists, in-process checklists, packaging checklists, etc…)
• Review and investigate all deviations from operating parameters with production, PQG staff and root cause effectively.
• Review all quality and food safety checks in Red Zone for accuracy and completeness within 72 hours of checks being completed or documented and follow up accordingly with personnel or escalation.
• Support in the creation of training materials; SOPs, VWIs and OPLs for the successful implementation and adherence to company, customer, SQF, and regulatory food safety and quality requirements.
• Support the management and development of employee skills matrix and their respective development plans.
• Ensure all laboratory equipment and supporting operations measuring devices are calibrated, verified as scheduled and functioning as designed. Troubleshoot and or escalate to vendors for effective repair or replacement.
• Ensure customer product sampling is collected and prepared for shipment to customer as requested.
• Continuously improve processes with regards to defect reduction and the support in management of customer complaint investigations and record review.
• Primary owner of root cause analysis and problem solving for all QA/FS related incidents on the off shifts.
• Managerial duties as prescribed by Sr. Director of Quality Assurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, RedZone, TraceGains and Tableau
• A proven track record of exceptional organizational, planning and overall time management skills in addition to exceptional verbal and written communication,
• A comprehensive understanding of the core competencies of Lyons’ manufacturing capabilities and propriety product development.
• Exceptional and proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
Education and/or Experience:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably in Food Science
• A minimum of 3 years of successful experience in the food service industry
• A comprehensive understanding of the core competencies of manufacturing capabilities and propriety product development.
• A proven track record of exceptional organizational, planning and overall time management skills in addition to exceptional verbal and written communication.
Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain the very best people. Lyons Magnus offers a comprehensive benefits plan that include: Health, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Sec. 125, 401(k) plan, and more. If you meet these requirements and are eager to join a dynamic company poised for further growth, please respond with resume.
To learn more about Lyons Magnus, LLC its products and core values, visit www.lyonsmagnus.com or follow us on Instagram or Twitter .
Lyons Magnus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
*This organization participates in E-Verify.