Major manufacturer of advanced technical materials for a wide range of industries/customers is seeking a Quality Engineer. The QE will be responsible for analyzing manufacturing processes, including raw materials, materials in process and finished products for improvement using various methods of testing and inspection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply and maintain quality system requirements and standards for sustainability and continual improvement of the manufacturing products.
- Serve as the primary quality assurance resource to functional areas for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Assist in process certification.
- Review customer specific requirements and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Develop, execute and analyze working with the Plant Manager on quality-reporting measures to the COP’s, SOP’s and MOP’s.
- Report to top management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits, including second party audits.
- Participate/facilitate teams in continual improvement projects of the QMS & VCP.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented by utilizing the 24-5-30 process (is a rapid response system for corrective actions to our customer; 24 hours initial contact gathering all essential information and containment actions, 5 days to form team and identify most likely causes with actions and 30 days to close the issue out with our customer).
- May assist in training material on quality standards and activities.
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or manufacturing engineering and three (3) to five (5) years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of IATF 16949 and ISO9001:2015 standards
- Ability to interpret statistical data for analysis
- Strong time management and priorities management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of Excel. BPCS experience a plus.
- Ability to interact with vendors and internal customers
- Metrics driven
- Knowledge of ISO14001