Denver facility, 1658 Dry Tavern Rd, Denver, Pennsylvania, United States of America Req #2406
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
Before you begin, please note special application instructions below:
Morgan Truck Body, LLC is the largest manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North America. Founded in 1952, as a small welding shop in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, on the site where Conestoga wagons were manufactured through the late 1800s, we have experienced tremendous growth and continue to look for additional expansion opportunities around the world. With a total of fourteen manufacturing and six service facilities strategically located across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan is able to provide the quality, service, and prompt delivery our customers expect.
A subsidiary of J.B. Poindexter, a privately held diversified manufacturing company, Morgan offers a vast variety of career opportunities, internally as well as within the J.B. Poindexter family of companies. We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We pride ourselves in team member development, performance, recognition, and a culture of diversity and respect. Whether you are taking the next step of your career or just beginning, joining Morgan's winning team means being part of a great home away from home. You will be challenged. You will be proud.
The Quality Engineer will lead, identify, and implement the Morgan quality system at the factory and corporate level using lean techniques for quality improvement. The role will identify best practices, processes, and standard work for the integration into Morgan's quality / manufacturing strategy to ensure consistent high quality results.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with customers to determine expectations to assist in execution of complex and/or high quantity orders
- Ensure the quality standard of Morgan in raw material and products produced by Morgan
- Monitor the production and machinery to ensure quality
- Responsible for the formulation of the testing procedures for quality checks
- Collect and analyze data
- Allocate responsibilities to staff and supervising employees
- Record quality test results and present to various levels of management
- Collect data, analyze, and report on performance of quality systems at factory level.
- Ensure utilization of quality system procedures and processes to maintain high standards of quality and reliability.
- Communicate and implement Morgan's lean foundational strategies (engage the work force, straight through flow, single piece flow, cycle time variation reduction tools/strategies).
- Develop/revise Quality Standards and standard work
- Conduct internal audits and initiate corrective actions
- Meet with customers at start-up of builds to refine customer requirements
- Assist in first article inspections and paper pilots of complex and/or high quantity orders
- Visit Morgan plants to ensure consistency of results for multiple builds
- Work with plants to put in place preventive measure to mitigate risk of defects
- Communicate results of customer audits and internal audits to Morgan stakeholders
- Test pilot new Quality Standards at different plants to ensure consistency
- Work with Engineering to improve methods of operation
- Conduct problem solving events at different Morgan plants when not working in PA location
- Assist plants in problem solving warranty claims
- Coordinate with Operations Directors to deliver training as needed
- Bachelor's Degree preferred - Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years quality engineering experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and writing skills
- Exceptional analytical and decision making skills
- Must have the ability to read blue prints and or drawings, tape measure, and other quality measuring equipment
- Ability to plan, organize, communicate, and motivate employees
- Must be able to prioritize own work schedule
- Keen eye for detail work
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Up to 20% travel, some outside the country
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift and carry objects up to 30 pounds.
SPECIAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Click the link below to complete our pre-employment assessment (approximately 30 minutes or less).
- After completing the pre-employment assessment, apply via the original posting page.
- After completing your online application, your pre-employment assessment results and application/resume will be thoroughly reviewed and you may be contacted for a personal interview.
- Job Family Morgan Corporation
- Job Function Quality
- Pay Type Salary