Magna International Inc.
The Magna Exteriors porfolio of products includes access systems such as liftgates, exterior trim, modular systems, front-end modules including fascia, active aerodynamic systems and other lightwight structural components for automotive, commercial truck and other industrial markets.
Recognized globally as an innovator in all aspects of vehicle exteriors, Magna provides everything needed, from materials development and design through manufacturing and assembly, to help automakers create sleek, state-of-the-art vehicles across the world.Job description:
Coordinates dimensional inspection efforts, all PPAP dimensional layouts, and all CMM measurements.
- Required - B.S. or B.A. degree, with a B.S. degree in a technical field preferred
- Required - Advanced SPC, DOE, inspection and testing; project management. Three years experience preferred.
- Required - 1 Year customer and/or supplier interface; launch team experience, including PPAP preparation.
- Preferred - American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certification.
- Preferred - GD&T and layout background involving large plastic panels.
- Preferred - team leadership experience.
- Must have excellent problem solving and math skills, including 8D methodology, advanced SPC and DOE.
- Must have the ability to read automotive blueprints and engineering specifications.
- Coordinates all checking and testing necessary per customer blueprint for sample submission of new programs.
- Completes and submits all supporting customer-required documents for sample submission (including supplier submission from SQE), coordination and approval (Covisant, GQTS, Schedule A, etc).
- Establishes program FMEA’s, control plans, test and inspection instructions with production personnel.
- Must be competent in and utilize AIAG "Core Tools"
- Travels to customer facilities to support program, review problems and report findings to appropriate plant personnel. Assists in solving problems related to the program.
- Gage design review, approval and implementation. Prepare gage quote package and review received quotes. Monitor gage construction and approve completed gages.
- Leads and / or assists Task Forces, Launch Teams and Safety and Quality 8D Teams. Participate in or lead six Sigma Green or Black Belt projects as assigned, including taking training required to accomplish task.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.