We are CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future. SUMMARY:
Work with Quality Engineers to support the Value Stream's quality control and inspection needs. Responsibilities
- Work with Quality Engineer to support the Value Stream's quality control and inspection needs.
- Review Final Inspection documentation for completion and accuracy. Conduct inspection activities as required.
- Conduct periodic MRB meetings to review and disposition DMRs (Defective Material Reports). Review trends in quality metrics and determine corrective actions.
- Generate AS9102-compliant First Article Inspection Forms, including ballooning of Form 3. Review Top-Level and Partial/Delta FAIs completed by the QC Inspectors.
- Review customer contracts to determine Quality flowdown requirements and pricing impacts.
- Conduct analysis (Lean/Six Sigma) to support causal analysis and corrective actions.
- Maintain databases for Corrective Actions and other quality tracking.
- Support development of quality metrics, KPIs and scorecards.
- Review RMAs (Return Material Authorizations) to determine correction and corrective actions.
- Perform other job related duties as required.
•Diploma or GED.
•Two (2)+ years of experience in manufacturing operations and/or an inspection.
•One (1)+ years of experience in reading and understanding drawings (GD&T).
•One (1)+ years of experience in Microsoft Excel.
•One (1)+ years of working within a team setting.
•This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by US export laws. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be a "US Person" under US export laws (or eligible for approval under a U.S. Government export license). Preferred:
•Degree in engineering or technical discipline; 4-year degree a plus.
•Minimum of Three (3)+ years' experience in a System-level manufacturing environment. Experience in ISO 9001 or AS9100 quality organization a plus.
•Experience with physical tools - calipers, micrometers, height gauge, venier's, etc.
•Fluent in the use of problem solving tools (FMEA, 8D, DOE, etc.) to perform root cause analysis. Exposure or experience with Lean/Six Sigma preferred.
•Intermediate MS Excel skills desired. Employment Transparency:
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here .
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here .
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.