Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for facilitating development, implementation and training for comprehensive systems to ensure food safety and sanitation. The focus will be consistent adherence to documented regulatory, corporate and local regulations, standards and practices. The associate will act as primary regional Food Safety and Sanitation resource to Bimbo Bakeries USA production facilities, co-packers, distribution facilities and thrift stores. The Quality Food Safety Supervisor will be responsible to conduct risk-based Food Safety / Sanitation / Quality Systems Audits at the at BBU facilities, co-packers, DCs and key Ingredient Vendors. The associate will be responsible to review the corrective action for the audit deficiencies and monitor the status of corrective action at the audited facilities. The associate will lead with behaviors that promote cultural change through outstanding team based associate relationships.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, direct and control the work performed by receiving staff. Develop work policies and procedures, monitor procedures for opportunities to improve. Ensure associates have adequate resources, training and are fully knowledgeable of Food Safety requirements set forth by local, state and federal agencies.
- Assign work and set schedules and standards. Conduct performance evaluations. Support the values and policies of the organization.
- Responsible to manage departmental budgets.
- Evaluate new methods for achieving departmental goals in the most effective and economical manner.
- Conducts formal facility risk assessments and prioritizes work based upon assigned risks.
- Conducts Food Safety / Sanitation / Quality Systems Audits and cultural assessments.
- Provides timely, concise, accurate reports of the audit findings.
- Reviews the facility corrective action for inspection deficiencies.
- Monitors the status of corrective action at the audited facilities.
- Facilitates compliance with all food safety programs for the facilities to include but not limited to: HACCP, GMP’s, Allergen control, lot traceability, associate food safety training, etc.
- Monitors effectiveness of Master Cleaning Sanitation Schedule, cleaning procedures, chemical usage and chemical safety.
- Coaches / trains facility management staffs were necessary.
- Lead the manufacturing group during regulatory audits conducted by local county health departments, state health departments, Food & Drug Administration, military and the local water district.
- Helps to identify trends in inadequate regulatory compliance within the organization.
- Identifies areas were facilities need assistance in maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Supports company initiatives to reduce Consumer Complaints; Foreign Material, Mold.
- Supports compliance with Customer requirements; GFSI Certified Audits, AIB Inspections, etc.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system.
- Understand, coach and teach the principles of the BBU Manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process capability and operational discipline.