We are CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future. SUMMARY
The Quality Inspector performs visual, mechanical, functional, dimensional or electrical inspection of a variety of raw materials and products in the production assembly process through to final system assembly. The Quality Inspector performs inspection tasks involving the use of a wide variety of test instruments and equipment to measure values and record functional operation of components, equipment, systems, supplies and materials. Determines acceptability, and identifies and recommends disposition of defective items in accordance with established procedures. Responsibilities
- Inspect cables and machined sub-assemblies per blueprints with minimal supervision.
- Enters accurate defect data via MRP systems.
- 2+ years of Quality Inspection experience
- High School Diploma or equivelant
- Ability to read blueprints, process sheets and other related documentation used for the inspection of components, assemblies and subassemblies.
- Familiar with inspections of Mil Standard material for plating
- Ability to utilize various inspection tools such as Vernier's, height gages and borescopes.
- Ability to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Interfaces with engineering regarding technical issues (i.e., engineering change orders) and problem resolution.
- Strong GD&T a plus.
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here .
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here .
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.