Quality Manager Responsibilities:
The Quality Manager is responsible for maintaining and improving the quality management system for all Visible fulfillment facilities. The quality management system includes quality assurance (process), quality control (product) and state, federal and ISO 9001:2015 standard compliance. This individual is the voice for the company to external customers and the voice of the customer to internal staff and leadership. In summary, the Quality Manager receives customer complaints, assists with corrective action, maintains documentation and certifications, audits and ensures conformity to process, inspects product and reports on quality, maintains the quality audit data to provide to customers and internal management as necessary, with an overall purpose to improve fulfillment operations.
What You’ll Do as the Quality Manager:
- Coordinate with the Site Leads to hire a Quality Coordinator and the right-sized support staff of auditors.
- Receive, log and escalate customer complaints (external NCR’s) and help operations managers identify root cause and develop corrective actions.
- Validate that all corrective actions were completed and sustained over a prescribed period of time.
- Conduct internal process and system audits of the quality management system for Visible and communicate findings.
- Oversee the Quality Control (QC) and Inbound Quality Assurance (IQA) programs including scope of work, and reporting.
- Oversee Document Control ensuring that all submitted documents are grammatically correct, have correct revisions and are released on time.
- Keep records of training for all operations employees, alert managers of renewals and provide proof of training when needed.
- Maintain Federal (FDA) and State (Dept of Agriculture) registrations for all sites.
- Prepare for and host the annual ISO 9001:2015 registrar audits and provide corrective actions on any findings.
- Coordinate and host all external customer, government and third-party audits.
- Perform internal process and department-level system audits annually and issues observations and findings.
- Gather and report on trends in quality assurance and quality control to internal customers and management.
- From all Quality sources, drive Process Improvement that aligns with Fulfillment Operations and Continuous Improvement.
- Maintain a single source (Sharepoint) for all Quality audit data.
- Work collaboratively with Account Management in communicating QC results, NCR/CAR detail and completion of corrective actions.
- Work with managers and teams to improve processes and document processes.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested by fulfillment management.
What You’ll Bring as the Quality Manager:
- Team oriented mentality
- Attention to detail
- Ability to research and form conclusions
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a high-pressure dynamic environment, prone to rapid shifts and high growth
What Makes Us Awesome:
- Competitive starting pay, dependent on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package, including; Medical, Dental/Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Accident Insurance, 401(k), and Pet insurance
- 8 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Fun, team centric culture
- High school diploma or GED
- Leadership experience within a warehouse environment
- Prior experience managing Quality Control, Quality Assurance
- Extensive experience with various warehouse systems (e.g. WMS, ISOCAR)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to run analytics on systems, processes, and metrics
- Experience organizing and presenting data
- Perform internal and system audits
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Visible Supply Chain Management is one of the country’s leading providers of shipping, fulfillment, small-parcel services & third-party logistics. Shipping over 150 million packages last year, Visible ranks 2nd only to Amazon as a USPS Reseller and partners with over 25,000 customers in serving their customers in 140 countries & territories. With fulfillment facilities in Utah, Ohio, Tennessee, and Georgia, Visible enables domestic direct-to-consumer brands to reach their customer bases with short transit times and minimal costs. Custom packaging services further reduce customer costs, by right-sizing packaging dimensions and weights to fit optimal carrier rate brackets. Visible’s seasoned experts fulfill using proprietary technology that helps them maintain 99.8% fulfillment accuracy and a 99.9% on-time shipping record, while providing customers with end-to-end transparent shipment tracking. With a major focus on parcel shipping, Visible is able to help online retailers better compete with the biggest brand names out there today. Through Visible’s services, online retailers can offer their customers better service, more economical shipping, and faster delivery times.
When you join Visible Supply Chain Management, you are becoming involved in one of the fastest-growing supply chain companies in the US (Inc. 5000 rating), and part of a company culture that values Integrity, Progression, Team, and Results.