R&D Chemist (Early Career)
Newark, DE, US
30+ days ago
The Chemours Company has a R&D Chemist positions available supporting the Advanced Performance Materials and Thermal & Sustainable Solutions businesses. The positions are in various aspects of the technology organization including product development, process development, and application development.
*The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:*
* Develop and execute experiments safely and independently, collect organize and record the necessary data, share conclusions broadly and continue experiments as needed with minimal guidance from supervision
* Interpret and analyze results and make suggestions on alternative approaches or improvements
* Interface with senior technical researchers to set the objectives & priorities for the various tests
* Provide data to guide research programs and to prepare patent applications
* Ensure the various laboratory and analytical measurement systems are in good working condition and to make upgrades as needed
*The following is /required/ for this role:*
* Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well with all levels in the organization.
* Self-motivated, customer focused, and ability to independently achieve results.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work in a teams and work in a collaborative environment.
*The following is /preferred/ for this role:*
* Undergraduate research experience
* Demonstrated problem solving ability
* Understanding of statistics
* Competitive Compensation
* Comprehensive Benefits Packages
* 401(k) Match
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Commuter Benefits
* Learning and Development Opportunities
* Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
* Company-paid Volunteer Days
*WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.*
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2019-2020—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/