Radiologic Tech - Per Diem - Osborn Medical Center
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses six acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation and community services with approximately 12,300 employees, 3,700 affiliated physicians and 3,100 volunteers.
HonorHealth was formed by a merger between Scottsdale Healthcare and John C. Lincoln Health Network. HonorHealth's mission is to improve the health and well-being of those we serve.
As a community healthcare system, we have a unique responsibility to keep our facilities as safe as possible to protect our patients and team members. With this in mind, we require all new hires to have received the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine before their start date and be scheduled for their second dose. New hires who choose to receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine only need one dose to fulfill this requirement. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED completion of an ARRT accredited Required
Other Radiography program or US military Radiography training Required
Successful completion of radiologic training. Required
Other Network float position: One (1) year Radiology experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
Radiology\ARRT - Radiology Tech License ARRT (R) credential and licensure must be provided prior to start date Required
AZ Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) license and must be provided prior to start date Required
Under the direction of a radiologist, this position performs diagnostic/therapeutic procedures, requiring independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative. Assumes responsibility for tasks or procedures as assigned. Performs data entry operations using appropriate hospital software package. Staff member may be required to provide coverage at various locations in the network.
- Reviews patient identification, orders, and history to ensure correct patient, procedure, imaging site, Protocols procedure with radiologist as needed. Transports patients to and from the exam room and assists them into position using safe patient handling techniques and equipment. Performs Radiology procedures and observes patient during procedure to ensure patient's safety and comfort. Administers contrast materials as required. Able to initiate emergency response to contrast reaction as needed. Obtains and evaluates images for technical quality assurance factors including image laterality marking and annotation as required by Radiology procedure protocols. Utilizes RIS, PACS and other, ancillary image management systems as needed
- assists in coordination of daily workflow for the departmentâ€™s activities.
- Maintains equipment in efficient operating order. Performs and documents all required quality control testing. Contacts service for repair and maintenance as directed.
- Rotates throughout the department as staffing and volume dictates.
- Participates in orientation, training, and in-servicing of staff, as needed.
- Maintains an orderly, clean and safe environment of patients and staff in assigned area. Maintains stock and inventory as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.