Rancho Mirage, CA
Rancho Mirage, CA
30+ days ago
Cardiac Cath Lab
Full Time,Day,10 Hour Shift
- Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- The Radiology Tech - Scrub position requires extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology. The tech will be scrubbing in with the physician and assisting with procedures as a part of a four person team that performs peripheral diagnostic and interventional procedures; including but not limited to preparing the supply tray, passing guide wires and catheters and operating the table and fluoroscopic equipment. The tech will also participate in “on call” rotation.
- Reports to
- Cath Lab Manager and/or Director of Cardiac Services
- Ages of Patients
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- High Potential
- Required: Graduation from an Accredited Educational Program in Diagnostic Radiology Technology approved by the American Medical Association and the American College of Radiology
- Required: CRT, Fluoro License (within 6 months of hire), and American Heart Association BLS.
- Preferred: CV OR CI CERTIFICATE; ARRT Certification
- Required: 1 year prior Scrub Tech experience; 2 Years Radiology Tech
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Obtains appropriate medical history before patient examination and prepares patient for exam.
- Assists cardiologist with the appropriate diagnostic procedures as ordered.
- Maintains cleanliness of all radiology equipment and procedure rooms through sterilization techniques and universal protocols while maintaining adequate stock of supplies.
- Uses PACS according to hospital protocol.
- Performs radiographic procedures of high technical quality.
- Utilizes proper radiation protection to protect patient from excessive radiation.
- Maintains equipment; reporting all deficiencies to immediate supervisor.
- Stocks room appropriately for exams and at the end of shift.
- Assists cardiologist during angiographic and interventional procedures including but not limited to right and left coronary angiograms, coronary stent, athrectomy, thrombectomy, and STEMI care.
- Scrubs to assist with passage of catheters/ guide wires.
- Loads power injectors with contrast media; prepares for injection. Positions patient; immobilizes as necessary.
- Operates fluoroscopic equipment. Positions patients for rapid sequence filming during contrast media administration.
- Prepares supplies for procedures. Sets up and maintains sterile trays and other equipment, practicing sterile techniques. Passes instruments and supplies to the cardiologist.
- Assists in orientation of new technologists; provide education and training to new technologists.
- Monitors assigned inventory expirations dates.
- Maintains an inventory of catheters, balloons, stents, guide wires and miscellaneous kits under discretion of the Cath Lab manager and order supplies.
- Performs coronary angiographic and interventional procedures with cardiologist.
- Maintains an orderly instrument table and cleanliness of equipment and rooms and maintains adequate supplies.
- Anticipates cardiologists needs by review of preference cards and procuring appropriate supplies.
- Demonstrates cost effectiveness by using judgment when opening and using supplies.
- Operates the x-ray equipment when assigned to Radiology Tech duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.