RD Health Coach
Are you ready to provide the kind of care you have always dreamed of? Do you want to provide comprehensive and supportive care that brings out the best in your patient and is the kind of coaching you envisioned when you began your career? Marathon Health is the place for you! P2
Marathon Health is seeking a part-time Registered Dietician (RD) Health Coach to provide lifestyle and condition management coaching for employees and families (ages 6+) of our customer at their on-site corporate health and wellness center inSt. Petersburg, FL.
This is a 20 hour per week position with full benefits. No on-call or weekends. We offer excellent salary and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, malpractice, CME assistance, life and disability, paid time off and holidays. We offer a supportive work environment, focused on improving positive results for our patients, encompassed by a high-supported mission. This is a position where you can let your heart shine through in your work.
About Marathon Health
Marathon Health (www.marathon-health.com) is one of the nationâ€™s leading providers of employer-based health services. We serve businesses throughout the United States, providing a different kind of healthcare program that focuses on total population health management and health risk reduction.
Marathon Health promotes a culture of health and wellness in everything we do. It is for this reason we seek to hire individuals who embrace wellness and model healthy behaviors in their own lives. We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company. We value the richness diversity brings to our workforce and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and provider (EOE). The selected candidate must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- The Health Coach is responsible for building and maintaining effective relationships with our employer client, including ongoing communication, marketing of services and outreach, and ongoing assessment of performance.
- Collaborates with the county to assist in the execution of certain wellness programs.
- Provides individual comprehensive health reviews to identify an individual patientâ€™s health risks and goals. Analyzes the individualâ€™s health data to help the person prioritize and establish personal health goal(s).
- Provides ongoing coaching, teaching, and social support to help individuals build self-efficacy skills and achieve personal health goal(s).
- Uses national clinical guidelines and standards to provide medical nutrition therapy. Effectively collaborates and integrates with healthcare professionals, other suppliers of employee health benefits and services and community resources.
- Assists on site clinical director with rooming patients, checking vital signs, fingerstick biometric screenings and other skill appropriate clinical duties as assigned.
- Assists on site Medical Assistant with various administrative duties such as greeting patients, answering phones, assisting with scheduling as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be licensed as a certified as a registered dietitian with a minimum of three years professional, clinical experience.
- Knowledge and experience in health risk assessments, lifestyle risk reduction, disease management and health promotion required.
- Professional and technical knowledge.
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience in motivational interviewing.
- Experience in counseling, social work or mental health a plus.
- Certified as a health coach with a background in chronic condition management.
- Additional certifications related to health promotion, fitness and chronic condition management a plus.