On Lok PACE
We are a non-profit committed to our participants.
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) was developed to answer the many problems around caring for frail seniors. The PACE model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in their community whenever possible.
Seniors, their family members, and caregivers face many issues, including transportation to appointments, management of medications, coordination of medical care from different specialists, lack of social interaction, and ability to stay alone at home. On Lok PACE participants receive in home care services and transportation to a On Lok PACE center for primary medical care, social and recreational activities, and other senior care services.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: This position has a matrixed reporting structure to the Program/Center Manager and Center Support Supervisor, or may report to a Reception Supervisor if applicable. The Receptionist performs a variety of clerical functions pivotal to the efficient management of the center. This role is primarily responsible for managing incoming calls, greeting and checking in all visitors, as well as providing administrative support and maintaining clear communication and collaboration with the interdisciplinary team (IDT) and center staff.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and screen all incoming visitors and direct them appropriately based on nature of visit; greet participants when they arrive and ensure they are seen by appropriate staff and directed to the appropriate program; ensure that visitors sign in and out of logbook or system and have appropriate ID name tags on.
- Answer and screen all main phone line incoming telephone calls, engage the language line (interpreter services) as-needed, and direct all calls to the appropriate team; provide accurate program and services information; monitor the main phone voicemail account and return or direct messages appropriately.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and uphold established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety and regulatory standards.
- Champion Healthcare Hospitality through the On Lok practice of G.R.E.A.T. for 5-Star service at the center.
- Provide appropriate program and service information to program participants and advocate for them to ensure they are receiving attention timely.
- Communicate regularly with Program Manager and/or Center Support Supervisor to provide feedback on center functioning, report inefficiencies, and propose strategies to improve workflows and processes that serve our team members and participants.
- Organize mail and other packages; inform appropriate person/distribute accordingly.
- Assist center staff & IDT members with administrative tasks as requested, including but not limited to assisting kitchen team with portable meal labeling on bags, assisting clinic staff with paperwork from providers, and assisting transportation with coordinating schedules.
- Lock entry and/or fire exit upon closing; in coordination with program staff and security team, share responsibility for security of all entrances and exits to building.
- May be responsible to support trouble shooting of on-call administrators and Medical Doctors (MDs).
- All other reasonably related jobs as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a customer-facing administrative role (i.e. walk-in customer service, reception).
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with the frail or elderly in a volunteer or professional capacity.
- Experience and excitement to work with a diverse population of colleagues and participants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate in a professional and warm manner and provide clear and accurate verbal and written communications.
- Thrive in a busy, engaging environment with multiple interruptions and varied types of work.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks and conduct thorough follow-up.
- Bilingual ability may be required for specific assignments (Bilingual Spanish/English, Mandarin/English or Cantonese/English).
- Computer proficient with experience in Microsoft Office Suite, scheduling systems, and other relevant office technology.
- Familiarity and moderate technical understanding of office equipment; ability to troubleshoot and report issues to servicers, as needed.
- Experience working with dementia population, preferred.
- Experience with electronic health record system preferred.
- Experience working within the framework of an interdisciplinary team preferred.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any regular position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (