Fenwick & West LLP
Santa Monica, CA
Our Santa Monica office has an opening for a Receptionist who, under the supervision of the Office Manager, and according to established policies and procedures, will answer phones, respond to requests and act as the initial contact and customer service for attorneys, professional staff, clients and guests. In addition, the Receptionist is responsible for:
- Assist with scheduling conference rooms, the preparation, clean-up and stocking of kitchens, conference rooms and multi-purpose rooms for meetings and special events, including the setup of refreshments and meals.
- Confirm EMS reservations and send re-confirmations daily, assist with last minute basic A/V requests, and post visitor names to the firm portal.
- Accept deliveries and routes to appropriate personnel.
- Reconcile catering invoices against billing spreadsheet and enter them into Chrome River for approval.
- Prepare signage for conference room and visiting office assignments.
- Greet process servers and follows firm’s instructions to determine if subpoenas can be accepted.
- Actively participate in the firm’s emergency response plan and act as a first responder for onsite emergencies, as needed.
- Provide back-up support for other Facilities department positions, as needed and other related tasks as assigned.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully and to follow instructions and procedures from a diverse group of clients, attorneys, professional staff and vendors.
- Demonstrated professionalism, courtesy and diplomacy under pressure.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, early mornings, evenings or weekends, as needed, to ensure adequate reception and catering coverage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and conference room scheduling software, such as EMS.
- Ability to work well with others and promote a positive, team-oriented environment.
The qualified candidate will have experience providing reception or customer service support in a professional service or hospitality environment. Catering experience in a law firm, professional service firm or restaurant environment a plus. Bachelor's degree a plus.To be fully considered for this position, please apply directly online: https://fenwick.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Fenwick_External_Careers/job/Santa-Monica/Receptionist_R1302
COVID Vaccine Policy
On July 7, 2021, Fenwick implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Fenwick will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or strongly held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Fenwick’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and-well-being of our employees and community, and to support public health efforts.