City National Bank (CNB)
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA, US
Los Angeles, CA
30+ days ago
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
City National Bank has a great opportunity for a Records Manager where you will be responsible for the effective management of records produced in and received by the Bank, irrespective of the medium in which the records exist. This responsibility includes participation in the development and successful implementation of records management policies, procedures, schedules, and tools throughout the Bank as driven by Data Governance. The Records Manager is responsible for maintaining the Bank's record retention policy in compliance with Bank, state, and federal regulatory and statutory requirements. The Records Manager will have an opportunity to interact closely with the staff in each business units responsible for management of records up to and including storage, destruction and retrieval. The Records Manager also works closely with Data Governance, and Legal teams s to ensure appropriate data archiving and retrieval protocols are addressed in Bank standards and policy. Will also be primary contact for the business units with various aspect of records management activities.
Banking and Investment Services Division
As a member of City National's Banking & Investment Services group, you will be part of the essential central operations and back-end hub for all of the bank's lines of business.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Provide oversight for the management of Bank’s paper/electronic records. Maintain the integrity of all Bank records insuring accurate and timely retrieval, retention, and destruction.
* Actively participate in the development, approval, and maintenance of the retention program including changes to the Records Retention Schedule as required by legal, operations, policy, and changes in regulatory or statutory requirements.
* Provide support for the evolution of Records Management policies, standards and procedures
* Responsible for maintaining developing records metrics, trends, reporting and tracking on all records activities. Along with Issue tracking and reporting with vendors
* Review monthly vendor billing and invoices, along with reconcilement and payments
* Establish working relationships with business partners to ensure adherence with Records Management program and identify areas for enhancement.
* Respond to requests for information provide customer service support about records management that include records retention, destruction, and legal holds within the Bank.
* Responsible for writing procedures in order to align with written standards and policies for records in all departments and business units bank-wide.
* Assist departmental records coordinators in development of written records procedures for their department/business unit.
* Coordinate with the Legal Department and Data Governance for discovery requests or for retrieval of electronically stored information (ESI) in addition to retrieval of tangible inactive records for litigation-related requests.
* Interface with the Legal Department, Data Governance, Risk Management, and the Compliance Department to ensure compliance and reduce risk for the Bank.
* Interface with Data Governance and Technical teams on the management of electronic records and standards.
* Manage the relationship with offsite records storage vendors and other third party service providers as appropriate.
* Develop training modules in all aspects of the Records Management program operation and train employees responsible for records in their operational units.
* Participate in meetings with senior management, must be able to discuss records management trends, provide analysis and keep up with current regulatory updates
* Will work on Special Projects and/or Initiatives as assigned by management
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree preferably in Records and Information Management, or equivalent experience
* Minimum 2 years experience in managing a records and information management (RIM) program, preferably in the field of financial services is required.
* Minimum 2 years experience in records management software or databases and evaluating automated records management systems; developing policies and procedures related to records management.
Skills and Knowledge
* CRM ( Certified Records Manager) designation highly preferred
* 3-5 years of compliance or risk management experience and strong knowledge of state and federal records retention requirements preferred.
* Knowledge of records and information management principles and best practices to manage information throughout its lifecycle: capture, distribution, storage, retrieval, and disposition.
* Knowledge of industry standards and trends related to technology that facilitates information management.
* Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with a range of staff at all levels within the Bank.
* Excellent project management skills.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled