Refinery Sr. Process Engineer (3569)
REFINERY SR. PROCESS ENGINEER
We are actively screening candidates for a "Senior Process Engineer" position with an established refinery. In this role you will report to the Refinery Process Engineering Manager and provide senior technical support for refinery personnel, develop projects to improve the safety, reliability, profitability and environmental compliance of process units and systems in addition to providing senior technical advisory support to management and other departments within the refinery.
- Our client has been a privately owned petroleum and asphalt refinery in the Southeast for 70 years.
- The client is engaged in refining, processing and distributing asphalt, transportation fuels, and light oils. Our client is a one-stop shop for contractor’s road building needs from high performance emulsions, surface treatments, paving and industrial solutions.
- Unique workplace environment where co-workers have been with the company for decades and are seen as “extended family”.
Benefits and Features
- 9/80 Work Schedule, generous PTO ranging with 25 days for early career employees and up to 40 days for senior level employees. Eleven paid holidays annually, paid maternity and paternity leave program
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and AD&D Insurance, Retiree Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Retirement Plant: Employees can receive up to 15% of base pay from company each year: 6% matching 401K contribution in addition to a 6% fixed contribution each pay period, discretionary contribution up to 3% of employee’s eligible pay at year’s end
Your Role With The Company:
- Provide technical support for an area in the refinery and training for the Process Engineers, Economists, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Operations Specialists and operating personnel.
- Responsible for multitasking which includes conception, development and process design of larger, longer range projects that are too large in scope for the Process Engineers. These larger projects can include projects to reduce operating costs, produce new product lines, meet new environmental regulations, improve refinery profitability, etc. Other areas of responsibility may include PSM duties and other organizational support functions.
- Serve in a senior advisory technical support role for Engineering Management and other departments in the refinery. In this role the Senior Engineer provides technical leadership to the organization with engineering and operational continuity.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering with 8 or more years of refinery/petrochemical experience and demonstrated knowledge of refinery processes.
- Proven experience in refinery planning or process equipment design.
- Demonstrates leadership in improving income generation as well as reducing costs for the refinery.
- Self-motivated starter, able to work with very minimal supervision.
- Effective at working with other management, other engineers, hourly personnel
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to lead classes that range in size from 2 to 20.
- Possess some skill at refinery process software such as simulation software, design software, etc.
For immediate consideration please forward your resume directly to email@example.com include "Refinery Sr Process Engineer " in the subject line.