Regional Nurse Manager
Legacy Community Health Services
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
The function of the Regional Nurse Manager is to develop and maintain an environment that supports quality patient care.Provides oversight for and routinely reviews clinical support practices to identify educational and process needs. Serves as liaison between nursing and operations to validate clinical needs are met; through routine performance reviews/audits and staffing.
· Follows Nurse Practice Act for Licensure.
· Responsible for overall operation and outcomes of designated clinical departments through demonstration of minimized incidents and complaints.
· Reports clinical nursing concerns to Director of Nursing. To include, but not limited to Scope of Practice and Nurse Practice Act inquiries.
Responsible for participation in hiring, coaching/counseling, along with Site Director in addition to participating in performance reviews
· Develops a tool and performs routine chart reviews to validate appropriate documentation/practice; with feedback and education for improvement as needed
Participates as needed in reviewing patient complaints and supporting opportunities to resolve the complaint in a timely manner.
· Establishes orientation schedule for new MA’s and performs weekly and off-orientation reviews along with preceptor and Site Director.
· Ensures proper incident reporting in collaboration with Compliance Department.
· Supports development of and performs routine monthly trainings per calendar via in-service and/or observation. Supports the validation of the MA Lead/preceptor prior to rolling out routine education
· Participates in provider meetings for increased communication.
Evaluates inventory per audit to support clinical oversight for accurate storage and par level management to support patient care.
Performs routine and focused audits on practices specific to patient care, sterilization, personal care, in addition to those identified in response and follow up to incidents. Modifies training to ensure practice improvement.
· Follows organizational policies, procedures, protocols, OSHA standards, and, audits to provide documentation.
· Participates in writing policies, procedures, and protocols for clinical area as necessary.
· Provides routine feedback and assists with direct ongoing evaluation of clinical services.
· Fosters an environment of learning and reports incidents to promote performance
· Manages Legacy exposure control plans/blood borne and airborne pathogens as evidenced by:
o Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, procedures, and correct use of protective barrier equipment.
o Wears and /or uses safety equipment.
o Performs appropriate support for onboarding and continued management of infection control processes for clinic based workers, including placement/reading of TB tests.
· Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment as evidenced by:
o Interacts with all of the above in a considerate, helpful, and courteous manner as observed by nurse manager and peers.
o Fosters mature professional relationships with fellow employees in a courteous, friendly manner as measured by management observation and peer input.
o Maintains professional composure and confidence during stressful situations.
o Maintains open communication using appropriate chain of command regarding issues.
o Conducts all work activities with respect for rights and wishes of patients, visitors, families and fellow employees.
o Maintains confidentiality of all Legacy and patient information at all times.
o Presents neat appearance in proper attire and identification as required by Legacy policy.
o Displays a positive attitude that contributes to the overall service excellence program in place at Legacy.
· Directs other licensed and non-licensed personnel in the provision of care to patients as assigned evidenced by:
o Demonstrates willingness to assume clinical nurse role as required.
o Based on patient care needs and skills of caregiver, delegates responsibilities accordingly.
o Acts as a resource person for other staff.
·Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Training Experience Requirements
- Unrestricted Texas RN license or valid compact state licensure.
- BLS (CPR & AED) Certified.
- State of Texas Registered Nursing License
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a licensed, registered nurse, preferable in supervision
- Strong leadership, customer service, and spoken/written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate self-confidence and positive attitude toward self and other achievement.
- Excellent team player and communication skills required.
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize
- Adept in decision making responsibilities
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)