OLIPOP is looking for a Regional Sales Manager to represent us in the Midwest. In this role you’ll prioritize your time to focus on the highest impact areas, while working with and inspiring our DSD partners, third-party sales resources, retailers, and dynamic team to deliver a whole greater than the sum of its parts. With laser focus, you’ll be exploring and driving new opportunities, while also building on the high velocities we’re already seeing in the market.
The RSM will work closely with the Senior Director of Sales and VP of Sales to further the development, sales, and promotion of the brand and build brand loyalty across all sales channels. If you’re looking for a fast pace, personal growth, responsibility and a lot of fun along the way, then this is a role you’ll thrive in.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Humility, Aspiration, Commitment, Integrity- our OLIPOP company values. Start-Up is as much a personal journey as it is a professional one. We can teach you functional skills but we can’t change the way that you view and interact with the world. To succeed at a company like this you need to be able to fail, learn, adapt and fail again. You need to be able to keep going when others would likely give up. You need to be able to find a way when it seems impossible. You need to be humble enough to learn and confident enough to express yourself. If this is how you’ve lived your life, if these are the lessons your lived experiences have taught you then we’d love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU DON’T NEED
An MBA or a College degree. Our founders don’t have them and we don’t expect you to either.
Sales Business Management
- Manage partnerships with DSD distributors, natural food brokers and 3rd party merchandisers.
- Execute a monthly volume and distribution plan to achieve overall objectives in the market.
- Translate national business strategy into clear and regionally, locally (or channel) executable plans and focus resources accordingly within the territory.
- Eagerness and willingness to get your hands dirty in the field - hit accounts, build relationships at store level and get OLIPOP prime placements within retail sets
- Build annual purchase and spend forecasts; execute and evaluate on a monthly basis.
- Analyze monthly depletion reports, pinpoint opportunities for underperforming distributors, accounts and routes.
- Manage chain retailers: establish promotion calendars, new items, and retail programs.
- Ensure all sales efforts are in compliance with state laws.
- Maintain accurate records regarding distributor profiles, retail and on-premise. distribution, and competitive activity and pricing.
- Market analysis to track brand’s performance and inform sales / marketing decisions.
- Build innovative presentations for total business and distribution partners designed to initiate an action-oriented response.
- Eventually after growing sales, manage a team of Area Sales Managers.
- Help identify and implement route to market in both developing and established channels if improvement is necessary.
- Conduct “route rides” with our DSD partner and natural food brokers.
- Schedule and conduct distributor team meetings to inform and educate Sales Representatives of brand standards to optimize sales performance.
- Manage market work with distributor sales representatives.
- Design and implement incentive programs intended to guide distributor organizations in achieving sales objectives in partnership with the Senior Director of Sales.
- Collaborate with the corporate and field-marketing teams to create comprehensive marketing plans to profitably increase market share.
- Develop and execute initiatives that strengthen bonds with fan bases.
- 4-6 years of experience in sales within a consumer-packaged goods company (beverage preferred).
- Experience in the natural & conventional retail channels and relevant classes of trade with CPG selling background in refrigerated space is highly preferred.
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retail accounts along with the leading brokers and distributors (UNFI, KeHE, Lipari, etc), servicing these channels.
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously.
- Works well with ambiguity – can navigate in the grey and asks the right questions to get at the solution.
- Deeply passionate about the brand, inspired by what we represent, and have a desire to make an impact with your career.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Proficient in Data Tools (SPINS, DSD depletions, Retailer Portals) and Trade Math (selling price, margins, etc) and ability to evaluate the business and your performance analytically.
- Strong planning, organizational, project management along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook).
- Analyze opportunities quickly and have an ability to execute company goals efficiently.
- Resourcefulness to improvise and adapt to deal with daily challenges via creative problem solving.