Regional Wind Operations & Manintenance Manager (Laredo,Texas)-(228704)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for management and oversight of daily operations and maintenance of wind power regional fleet. This includes development and compliance with an operating budget, outage coordination and scheduling with the interconnect entity, scheduling coordinator and trading desk. Provides problem identification and resolution, corrective action and tracking of reliability issues. Responsible for management and oversight of onsite contractors. Accountable for assigned sites to assure services are executed to Exelon Wind Operations and Maintenance requirements.PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Contractor oversite for Wind Turbine contracted services and balance of plant activities
- Analyze data, graphs, fault statistics for wind turbine generator units. Utilize HMI, MMI, trending interfaces for use in statistical process control applications.
- Monitor wind turbine towers for maintenance quality audits, troubleshooting, assisting wind turbine technicians, and implementing fleet wide improvement changes.
- Available to respond to nontraditional operating hours for maintenance and emergent issues for the following: Land owner issues, utility interactions, wind turbine supplier maintenance support, and substation maintenance/troubleshooting activities.
- Perform high voltage switching at substations, transmission circuits, or wind turbine supplier transformer feeds.
- Work order documentation, and maintenance procedural writing. Design, test, implement, and revise procedures for Exelon Wind operations.
- Assists in developing operating procedures changes to optimize turbines continuous improvement projects. Complete procedure and process documentation for various aspects of Wind Turbine O&M requirements.
- Assists in collection and execution of NERC documentation as related to site O&M activities
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Position reports to Manager, Operations and Maintenance
- Position is responsible for operation and maintenance of one or more Wind sites for 200+ Installed Capacity(MW) and 100+ Installed Wind Turbines
- Performs lead management person in the field at the Wind sites.
- Direct reports-Based on Region size and Business needs
- Up to 25% travel
- BS in engineering or technical field and 6+ years professional experience OR Associate degree in technical field and 8+ years professional experience with 3+ years exempt-level experience
- Knowledge of applicable electrical power generation, transmission, motors/generators, or process controls discipline codes and standards
- Product design, test and/or analysis experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Products
- Valid driver's license and access to an insured vehicle
- Ability to work in a steel tower turbine power environment that includes climbing, walking long distances, confined spaces and tall heights
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- MS in engineering or technical field
- Experience in wind plant operations and wind turbine experience
- Experience in high voltage maintenance and switching
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon Power Austin
1005 CONGRESS AVE STE 800
Job Posting:Feb 11, 2021, 5:13:26 PM