Registered Dental Assistant (Outpatient) - Full Time (Temporary), Fowler Medical Office - 50652
Organization: Adventist Health Reedley
Primary Location: United States-California-Fowler
Position Status: Full-time temporary
Job Posting: Mar 4, 2021, 11:48:16 PM
Shift: Day Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Registered Dental Assistant (Outpatient) who:
Provides oral hygiene and preventive services to dental patients. Evaluates and assesses provision of services. Performs procedures safely in compliance with regulations under the direction of a dentist. Prepares materials and equipment for treatment and has them ready for use.
- Removes calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth, applies preventive materials to teeth, i.e., sealants and fluorides, and teaches patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health, e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling.
- Makes impression/s of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth used by dentists to evaluate patient treatment needs.)Prepares patients for services, documents procedures and assists with other office management activities, i.e., scheduling patients, as needed.
- Assists the dentist in the administration of treatment at the chair side as required or directed by the dentist. Maintain a sterile and neat working environment according to current infection control proceduresPerforms other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) in state of practice: Required
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.