At Elica Health Centers, we share a common goal: provide the best possible patient care to our growing community. This passion extends from the exceptional care we provide to our underserved patients in Sacramento/Yolo County down to providing community outreach on our state-of-the-art mobile medicine program, Health on Wheels. Elica Health Centers is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) thanks to our hardworking Elica family. Become a part of a team where every day is an opportunity to make a positive impact in your community!
Tuesday-Saturday availability is required.
Registered Dental Assistant
The Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) will provide quality care and services to patients by assisting dentist(s) and other staff in a variety of patient care, office and laboratory duties. Affect the efficiency and productivity of patient flow through timely, accurate and professional preparation of patients and patient information, including taking and processing x-rays.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all patients enjoy a positive experience, and are treated with care and compassion expected.
- Ensure all patient records and related documents are managed and maintained timely, accurately, and consistent with all HIPAA and related regulations and requirements.
- Affect favorable billing and collection outcomes. Ensure all patient services and billing information is collected and submitted timely and accurately.
- Ensure all tasks provided and associated with patient care, patient administrative processes, and related duties comply with all regulatory and accreditation standards, as well as clinic policies and procedures.
- Develop favorable relationships with all patients. Instruct patients and their family members on general oral health care and/or information related to post-treatment care as appropriate.
- Establish favorable working relationships with all staff members associated with clinic operations, including dental receptionist, dental hygienists, dentists and related staff.
- Uphold and consistently represent the values and mission of the organization at all times. Represent the organization in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Ensure compliance and attention to all corporate policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain dental instruments, materials and equipment.
- Collect and record patient health histories (dental and medical) and record information for dentist’s reference prior to examination.
- Help patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Take and process x-rays.
- Assist dentist chair-side by organizing and preparing instruments for dentist’s use and assisting as needed during procedures.
- Advise patients in oral hygiene and dental care.
- Follow through with post-visit duties.
- Backup the other staff positions, provide relief and support to other staff functions and perform office duties as requested.
- Interact positively with a diverse, sometimes difficult, and demanding patient population. Provider services in a manner that is appropriate for the patient’s age, demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to meet the patient’s physical, psychosocial, educational and safety needs.
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission of the organization in promoting dental health.
- Read, write and maintain patient records and related administrative documentation.
- Utilize the requisite tools, systems, technology and equipment in the collection of patient data, records management and collections.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dentistry procedures, clinic infection control procedures, cleaning and sterilization of instruments, tray setup and materials.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current and valid RDA license.
- Minimum of one or more years of related education and/or experience in a Dental environment.
- Dental Sealants certification
- California dental practice act / infection control completed
- Current CPR certification.
- Knowledge of dental terminology and office practices and procedures.
- Radiation safety certification or successful completion of a radiation safety course.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated success with clear thinking and ability to reorganize as needed.
- Demonstrated success in working independently, prioritization and problem solving.
- Demonstrated success in computer skills including ability to use computer for scheduling, word documents and reasonable keyboard skills.
- Demonstrated success in customer service/patient services or working with the general public, preferably in a medical or dental care facility.
- Demonstrated success in managing difficult customer situations
- Knowledge of dental practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated success and experience with direct patient services and the proper knowledge and use of dental care devices and equipment.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Russian preferred.
The work environment is characteristic of healthcare facility environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle or lift. The employee is also required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must also possess hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the phone. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderately loud; incumbent must be able to focus in an environment with many distractions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Medical: Two options with Kaiser or Western Health Advantage
- HRA Plan: Company funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help pay for out-of-pocket costs related to medical coverage
- FSA Plans: Elica offers 2 options for Flexible Spending Accounts - Health Care FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Dental: Kansas City Life DPPO
- Vision: VSP Choice Network
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance – Company paid
- Supplemental Life and AD&D options
- Sick time, Vacation and Paid Holidays.
- 403B retirement savings account with Pre-Tax and Roth options.
- Employee Assistance Plan with five (5) free counseling visits, financial services, legal services, and a plethora of online resources.
- Tuition Reimbursement program and CME/CEU program.