Looking for a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) in our organization
One Community Health is recruiting mission driven, kind, warm hearted, and hard-working people who are dedicated to quality care and superior service. Our culture is centered around our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. We are proud of our inclusiveness and the diversity of our staff and patients.
One Community Health is poised for growth and expansion. Come join us on this journey as we become healthy together!
At One Community Health we believe healthcare isn't a privilege; it's a human right. Everyone should have the opportunity to achieve optimal health. We've made it our job to help individuals and our community lower the barrier to wellness. Our organization pushes for equality for all and for social justice for those on the margins. Our doctors and health care professionals treat people with compassion, without judgment for their personal choices and behavior. We provide a comprehensive menu of services to everyone in need, and we advocate for public awareness of such issues as the stigma surrounding mental illness and the need for healthcare for everyone. We understand the impact of trauma on one's health and are working to help people heal those wounds. When we see suffering, we try to heal it whether it be an individual in pain or a group in our community. If these are your values are your values, then please consider joining our team.
What We Are
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving all those in need in the Sacramento area. We have been a level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home since 2011 and were the first to earn that designation in Sacramento. Integrated, comprehensive and supportive services to maximize health outcomes. The founding values of One Community Health were based on providing a safe and welcoming place for people who often experienced social exclusion and discrimination.
- Medical Insurance
- We offer a choice between three carriers: Sutter Plus, WHA and Kaiser Permanente.
- One Community Health pays about 90% of the Employee only premium and pays 75% of the costs for dependents or partners/spouses.
- 2 Dental plans offered through Delta Dental: PPO and DHMO
- DHMO is paid in full by employer (employee only)
- VSP Vision Insurance paid in full by employer (employee only)
- Company Paid Life, AD&D and LTD offered through Unum
- One times annual salary paid in full by employer (LIFE and AD&D)
- LTD is 60% annual salary paid in full by employer after 90 days
- Flexible Spending Plan (before-tax savings plans)
- Employee Assistance
- Supplemental Insurance through Aflac
- Up to 4% employer match at 90 days of employment
- Administrative fees and administration of plan managed and paid for by employer
- Robust PTO, Floating Holiday, Emergency Sick Time, & Paid Holidays
- Additional Benefits/Extra's
- We are an eligible NHSC (National Health Service Core) approved loan repayment site and have an HPSA score of 16.
- Opportunity for Reimbursements, Bonus options and/or annual increase.
- Educational and Language Stipends: higher level of education or secondary languages
- Professional dues and/or licensure fees paid by organization as it relates to the position
- Professional training and/or conference/travel fees paid by organization
- Opportunity for Community Engagement, Events and Involvement
- Opportunities to help with state and national level advocacy
About the Position
This position is responsible is increasing the efficiency of the dentist in delivery of quality oral health care and assisting the dentist(s) in providing dental services to patient/clients.
- Assists the Dentist(s) in a variety of tasks including:
- Assists dentist during treatment procedures.
- Sets up dental instruments and operatory for patient visit.
- Prepare and take patient digital dental radiographs (X-rays) following One Community Health Dental Clinic Standard Operating Procedure for Radiology and OSHA standardized procedures.
- Has the dental X-ray monitor ready for dentist's review. Any suspicious overexposure must be brought to the attention of the Dentist, Medical Director and Practice Manager.
- Assists the dentist(s) in providing dental services to patients.
- Collects and records patient health histories and takes blood pressure and pulse as required.
- Assists patients with feeling comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Provides patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling).
- Teaches patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health (e.g. tooth brushing and flossing).
- Takes impressions of patients' teeth for study cast (models of teeth).
- Prepares dental materials, cements, amalgam, composites, impression materials, etc.
- Pours impressions to make stone and plaster molds, model trimming, fabricating mouth guards, temporary crowns, custom impression trays, and prepares casting molds and dies.
- Performs dental charting both on paper and the electronic dental record.
- Assists dentist when needed in documenting in the electronic dental record.
- Infection Control
- Serves as an infectious control officer for the dental clinic.
- Manages the dental office infection control plan to meet OSHA, CDC and ADA standards.
- Performs instrument cleaning, sterilization/disinfection, and re-circulation.
- Performs dental treatment room disinfection.
- Registered Dental Assistant License
- X-ray certification
- Two to three years' experience is preferred.
- Licenses required for this position must be kept current, valid, and in good standing with the presiding entity.
One Community Health values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at One Community Health means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. Please provide us with notice if you will require accommodations during the interview process.