Registered Nurse - Infection Control Corizon Health - Bartow, FL
Our nurses are redefining the way correctional health care is delivered every day. They’re on the frontlines of patient care, helping patients in person. As an RN you will provide and coordinate patient care, educate patients about various health conditions. From performing and interpreting diagnostic tests to providing one-on-one education to patients, when you’re a nurse at Corizon Health, you play an integral role in the health and well-being of the correctional community. And you work alongside passionate individuals in a patient-focused, autonomous and supportive environment that inspires you to grow your skills and advance your career.
- Maintain current knowledge of Corizon infection control and employee post exposure information developed by Corporate Committee.
- On an annual basis do a risk assessment of facility (Population served, Main Diagnosis, High Risk Procedures, State Regulatory Requirements) to develop the surveillance program. Assess annually staff infection control needs to develop staff related infection control program. (Vaccinations, Exposures, Training, Regulatory)
- Performs surveillance on inmates and staff on an ongoing basis and formulates rates, reports and trends data. Reports communicable diseases to health department as required by State law. Monitors staff compliance with established procedures as indicated by surveillance data. (e.g. Handwashing, IV care, Catheter care, Trach care, etc.)
- Provide inmate education as needed regarding infectious diseases and provide pre and post HIV counseling to inmates and staff as indicated. Assist with product selection in relation to Infection Control issues.
- Participate in staff, Safety and QI committee meetings per facility policy and provide reports as requested.
- Serve as a member of the Regional Infection Control Committee.
- Functions as a member of the nursing health care team and performs assigned clinical duties as directed and within licensure.
- Provide staff training per Regulatory Guidelines and as needed or indicated by surveillance data. Participate in environmental rounds.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as an Infection Control Nurse.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) in state of employment. Must receive a satisfactory background investigation report.