Registered Nurse - Medical Home Port (Family Practice)
The Arora Group
Twentynine Palms, CA
DUTIES OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - MEDICAL HOME CLINIC:
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians’ orders; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Perform physical exam and health histories.
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations..
- Utilize available automated programs and information technology, communication and management tools for proactive patient management and enhance patient experience ((i.e., AHLTA, TSWF, CHCS, CarePoint and Secure Messaging).
- Communicate with patients utilizing asynchronous Secure Messaging (i.e., RelayHealth) to improve communication and facilitate care through non-traditional means.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - FAMILY HOME CLINIC:
- Associates Degree of Nursing or higher
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Possess one year in the last three years in pediatrics.
- Possess and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) and PALS.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of the 50 States, DC, or U.S. territories.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (for access to Gov't computer systems)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Competitive pay
• 17 days paid time off per year
• 10 paid Federal holidays
• Health & Welfare allowance covers the cost of health insurance, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
• Dental and vision plans offered, 401(k)
ABOUT THE ARORA GROUP:
The Arora Group is an award-winning, Joint Commission-certified nationwide healthcare services company that, for almost 30 years, has provided medical care for the men and women who serve our country in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our mission is to provide world-class care and give our healthcare professionals opportunities to improve their skills, learn from the best, and serve the needs of active duty service members, their families, and veterans.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability