Registered Nurse (RN)
The Urgency Room
Multiple positions for casual, part-time, and full-time.
Locations include: Eagan, Vadnais Heights, and Woodbury, MN
The Urgency Room is looking for Registered Nurses for our locations.
The Urgency Room, operated by Emergency Physicians PA (EPPA), offers a new and better way for patients to receive emergency medical care. We are known for our attention to detail, fast service, and excellent customer service. We provide great care to patients 365 days a year, so our positions include weekends and holidays. Positions that are casual are not benefit-eligible.
About this position- UR
We provide a professional, yet fun, work environment while providing fast-paced and collaborative care to patients of all ages.
- 10 beds
- 27,000 patients per year
Responsibilities/ Job Description
- Demonstrates commitment to EPPA/UR core values.
- Develops an individualized plan of care for each patient using an evidence-based approach and application of appropriate growth and development principles.
- Utilizes the nursing process, including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to coordinate outcome focused patient care.
- Administer all technical aspects of the patient’s experience including, but not limited to: phlebotomy, IV starts (adult and pediatric), foley catheter insertion (adult and pediatric), port access, assistance with sterile procedures, conscious or deep sedation, medication administration, oxygen therapy, EKGs, and any other technical task ordered by the provider within the scope of the Minnesota Nurse Practice Act.
- Communicates effectively with patient/family, physicians, advanced practice providers, all other team members, and other facilities regarding the plan of care.
- Assess patient and family learning needs and provides teaching based on identified needs.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, accreditation standards, the board of nursing requirements, patient safety requirements, infection control practices, and other established UR practice standards, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Deliver excellent nursing care keeping in mind safety, ethics, efficiency, and patient diversity.
- Strong prioritization skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to solve problems under pressure.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 2 years of ER RN experience
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Valid TNCC certification (within 6 months)
- Valid PALS/ENPC certifications (must obtain by end of orientation)
- Valid Minnesota Registered Nurse License
- Valid Minnesota Drivers License or photo identification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 2 years of ER RN experience, current ER experience within the last 18 months
EPPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
About the Company
The Urgency Room
Emergency Physicians Professional Association (EPPA) was founded in 1969 and is owned and governed by its participating physicians. We take pride in our culture of mutual respect and camaraderie. Our culture is the secret behind EPPA's attraction and successful tradition.
Our physician group teams more than 200 board-certified emergency physicians, family practice physicians, and advanced practice clinicians (APCs) including physician assistants and nurse practitioners to provide expert emergency care efficiently and effectively. Our provider's staff hospital emergency departments across the Twin Cities, St. Cloud, and rural Minnesota. We also own and staff our three east-metro Urgency Room locations.