Currently offering a $7,000 Sign-on Bonus!
The Nursing Supervisor RN at Loretto Health and Rehab (700 E. Brighton Ave) maintains quality clinical care for residents/clients through direct supervision of nursing staff. Communicates modifications to policy and procedures and oversees compliance, serving as a resource to clinical staff. Manages the daily activities of the clinical staff.
Schedule: Full Time Evenings, working every other weekend
- Supervises the clinical care planning and delivery processes to ensure the coordination of quality patient care. Reviews and updates the care plan accordingly.
- Assesses residents/clients upon admission and periodically as conditions change.
- Performs rounds to evaluate patient condition.
- Provides direct patient care when indicated.
- Obtains and implements Physician Orders, checking for accuracy and completeness.
- Communicates effectively with the client/resident, family and interdisciplinary team and ensures staff members communicate effectively as well. Delivers education and instruction to residents, clients, families and caregivers when needed.
- Communicates between shifts regarding changes in resident/client conditions.
- Ensures a safe and secure environment for clients/residents, staff and visitors.
- Collaborates with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service within the area of responsibility.
- Provides clinical assessment to MD/NPs on call for quality outcomes delivered to patients.
Management and Employee Development:
- Provides daily leadership, direction and prioritization to personnel in accordance with organizational/ILS/RHCF goals and mission.
- Plans, implements and evaluates the clinical competencies and on-going educational/orientation needs of the staff. Updates orientation or training materials as needed. Shares current knowledge and up-to-date clinical expertise with staff through formal and informal education. Takes responsibility for own education and stays clinically current.
- Develops and monitors the department staffing pattern to meet the needs of the patients, within budget parameters.
- Checks staff overtime and shifts/hours worked.
- Enforces the bargaining unit contract fairly and consistently. Addresses issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensures all re-orientation requirements for nursing staff are met.
- Ensures all regulations, policies and procedures are adhered to by nursing staff and self.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with third party agencies.
- Directs the processes that facilitate the thorough and accurate completion of required documentation. Examples include but are not limited to: skin//wound reports, ADLs, weights, nourishment, monthly MAR/TAR checks, Admissions, Discharges, incident reports, investigations, audits, PRIs.
- Monitors adherence to the patient care standards through QAPI/QA processes, taking remedial action when needed.
- Participates in Quality Assurance Initiatives. Collects and provides data as required.
Job duties as a Manager
- As a Manager, this position is responsible for the ongoing operations and routine decision making within the function, department or site. Emphasis is on executing strategy and tactics. May provide input on strategic matters.
- Interprets and applies organization policy, ensuring all activities are in compliance.
- Delegates, organizes and coordinates the daily operations of departments within the function, department or site.
- Promotes and encourages teamwork among employees and supervisors, and between departments. Communicates ideas and goals clearly and is an effective listener. Ensures that information is effectively communicated and shared throughout the department and organization. Provides and encourages effective coaching. Promotes a positive environment of constructive feedback.
- Uses effective communication skills, such as, active listening, unbiased and nonjudgmental language, and open communication style with all staff.
- Uses effective communication and critical thinking skills during conflict resolution, problem solving, decision making, and other complex dialogues.
- Keeps current in his/her area of specialization and in emerging and best practices.
- Fosters process improvements for greater operating efficiency and resident/customer service. Ensures optimal workflow and adequate resources.
- Actively leads or participates in meetings, teams and task forces as requested.
- Ensures adequate skills, training and development among staff.
- Manages and supervises assigned personnel, including performance management, scheduling, and orientation. With the Director and Human Resources guidance, makes or approves recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, disciplinary actions, terminations and similar actions. In conjunction with HR, resolves grievances and other personnel problems in a fair, timely and consistent manner.
- May have input to or recommendations for operating budgets.
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing. BSN or BS in related field preferred but not required.
- Current New York State RN license and registration in good standing required.
- Proven patient assessment skills.
- Adheres to best practice nursing care.
- Ability to supervise and guide staff while carrying out the duties of an RN.
- Proficient in the care planning process.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients, residents, and families from diverse backgrounds who may have physical, sensory and mental impairments.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a busy environment.
- Ability and knowledge to respond in emergency situations.
- Ability to analyze problems, plan resolution strategies, implement solutions and evaluate outcomes.
- Proficient in computer programs and able to learn new software rapidly.