Registered Nurse - RN - Operating Room Nurse Main OR
Title: Registered Nurse - RN - Operating Room Nurse Main OR
City/State: Nashville, TN
Facility: Saint Thomas West
Department: Surgery - Main OR
Additional Details: Circulating Nurse working four 10 hour shifts a week plus call requirements.
Service lines include: Transplants/Robotics, Open and Hybrid Vascular, General Surgery, Urology/GYN/ENT, Neurosurgery, Plastics/Podiatry/ Non-Joint Ortho
***Guaranteed 40 hour work week pay!***
Up to $10,000 sign on bonus available
Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West has been selected to roll out a new Specialty Based OR model that is designed to change the way we staff the OR. We believe there is an opportunity to create focused service line teams that would emulate a specialty hospital/ASC experience resulting in increased physician and OR team satisfaction, improved clinical outcomes and a decrease in serious safety events. We want all associates to feel confident that they are practicing at the top of their license or skill-set through membership in an interdisciplinary care team functioning with a standardized structure and caregiver skill mix. To accomplish this we will be implementing defined ways of working and behaviors that create a positive, just culture while increasing our use of enabling technology. OR team members will be guaranteed their hours in this new model, reducing uncertainty and increasing the availability of PTO for its intended use. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of creating the future of OR in Ascension.
What You Will Do:
As an Operating Room Nurse with Saint Thomas West, you will have the opportunity to deliver professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures. The OR provides an exciting opportunity for RN's who are flexible, energetic, and love to work as a team.
- Perform circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician and OR team with surgical tasks including patient positioning
- Prepare operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Interviews the patient, makes sure the OR is prepared with equipment, instrumentation, and supplies
- Communicate with the families throughout the procedure
- Beyond that you will be supportive of the OR team at the surgical field
- Responsible for operating specialty equipment (lasers, zeego, acist injector, medrad)
- Troubleshoot endoscopic tower equipment
- Complete documentation throughout the procedure
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
Previous OR experience required or previous PeriOp training completion.Why Join Our Team:
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.