Registered Nurse (RN)
Ingleside At King Farm
Ingleside at King Farm (IKF) is a not-for-profit, Continuing Care Retirement Community central to the award-winning inter generational King Farm development. We offer small town living just a short ride from the Nation's capital. Inside our walls, residents and team members find a variety of cultural arts, wellness activities and amenities to choose from. But most of all, they find unique members with rich life experiences who have created a community within a community.
Ingleside at King Farm has a proven record of success! IKF consistently maintains a 5 Star CMS rating and we are CARF Certified! We have achieved certification as a Great Place to Work based on team member feedback in areas relating to trust, culture, and the meaning derived from their jobs and we are Sage Certified.
Ingleside at King Farm offers competitive salary and we offer onsite CPR, Well-being Model and Certified Dementia Practitioner training.
If your career goals and passion for seniors is in line with our culture, Ingleside at King Farm is the place for you! We would be honored to review your cover letter and resume in hopes that you join our team!
We currently have an opening for:
- PRN Registered Nurse with experience in Skilled Nursing
Bachelor's degree in Nursing, three (3) to five (5) years nursing supervisory experience with Registered Nurse certification required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Incumbent should be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form, possess high-quality verbal and written communication ability, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and be knowledgeable on general nursing principles. Must be proficient in the operation of computer applications and Care System paging systems.
Primary Job Duties:
Provides resident care in the form of treatment, medication, and diagnostic procedures as delegated by the Director of Nursing or designate physician
- Initiates corrective action to resident care if assigned resident shows no sign of improvement. Informs the Director of Nursing of concerns or issues of the resident care and obtains approval for corrective action to be taken.
- Completes daily rounds on Nursing Center Unit at least two times per day typically at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Checks all resident's vital stats and records in resident chart. Notes any changes in overall health or function and writes up care to be given by nurses.
- Responds to emergency calls from the Care System paging system of the independent residents within 15 minutes of notification. Assess resident need and provides care as appropriate.
- Ensures that medications are distributed and additional treatments to all residents within the Nursing Center. Completes and distributes nursing reports to the Director of Nursing and the designate physician within the given time requirement.
- Receives resident report from previous shift nurses and ensures that all reports are recorded in the resident's chart and files at nursing station.
- Obtains any residents follow up report from current shift nurse and records sufficient information. Reports any necessary changes and/or follow up actions necessary to Director of Nursing.
- Provides upcoming shift nurses with the obtained resident report and any follow up or special care necessary. Documents in daily assignment report any orders given to nurses or assistants in regards to care of resident.
- Checks MARS and TARS weekly to ensure appropriate and accurate documentation. Reports any concerns or issues of the produced reports to the Director of Nursing for corrective action.
- Keeps record of all daily nursing staff for each shift and reports numbers to the Director of Nursing at the end of each day.
- Documents any changes in resident care in the resident chart. Sends copy of changes to Director of Nursing and/or physician for approval.
- Maintains Supervisor Checklist on a daily basis. Communication applicable information to staff as needed.
As an employer committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Ingleside recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
*Due to the large number of applicants please DO NOT call to check on the status of your application. Hiring managers will review all applicants and contact those that are the best qualified.