Registered Nurse (RN) - Telemetry 4 - Full-time, Nights - Exciting Growth Opportunity! Sign on Bonus $10K for eligible New Hires!
Texas Health Resources
Fort Worth, TX
Sign on Bonus $10K for eligible New Hires!
Are you looking for a rewarding career, tight-knit nursing team and top-notch benefits? We're looking for qualified Registered Nurse like you to join our Texas Health family.
- Work location: Texas Health Southwest, 6100 Harris Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76132
- Work environment: 28 bed Telemetry Department provides telemetry and Med/Surg level of care for the general medical/surgical, endocrine GI/renal patient population ages Adult to Geriatric at a 4/5:1 patient to nurse ratio on days and 5/6:1 on nights working 12-hour shifts.
- Work hours: Full-time, 36 hours weekly, 3-12 hours shifts, 7:00 pm – 7:00 am
- Salary range: $26.50 - $50.82 per hour (based on relevant experience)
- $10,000 sign-on bonus for eligible RN's (eligible upon hire with a signed retention agreement)
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is Magnet-designated, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC.
- Associate Degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS – prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly required
- ACLS – within 90 days of hire required
- CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training – within 60 days of hire
- 1-year experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required
- 1-year of RN experience in Telemetry or Med/Surg preferred
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful RN will
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- maintain a positive, customer-focused attitude toward patients
- possess a strong work ethic and always display a high level of professionalism
- have basic computer skills using Medical management application systems
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health RN you'll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a place you'll love to call home.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
- Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
- “America's Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
- Unlimited access to online continuing education for professional and career development. Plus, an RN Step Program including NCAP and a nursing certification test-prep content for specialty nurses.
- A Nursing Excellence Advisory Board to provide the framework and methodology for funding projects to improve the quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
- A strong shared governance structure featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses to shape their work environment.
- A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
About the Company
Texas Health Resources
We're Texas Health Resources. Our corporate mission is to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve. Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in America. We're comprised of 14 hospitals under the names Texas Health Harris Methodist, Texas Health Arlington Memorial and Texas Health Presbyterian, serving more than 6.3 million people in 29 counties across north central Texas with 2,624 available hospital beds. We employ 18,250 people, and have more than 3,700 physicians with active staff privileges at our hospitals.