Registered Nurse (RN)
Now hiring immediately at Lake Andes Senior Living! Full Time positions eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus, Part Time $5,000 sign-on bonus!
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to residents, ensuring quality care is provided.
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews nurse report at shift change to provide follow-up to special items to be done during the shift.
- Assesses status of residents, passes medications, and provides treatment and cares for residents according to physician orders, nursing, pharmacy, and infection control procedures.
- Make rounds on each resident daily and as needed to assure quality care is being properly given.
- Notify necessary individuals of changes in condition, as appropriate.
- Assures all NA/R’s have equal assignments, and that their residents are receiving quality care.
- Make rounds with physicians as necessary.
- Completes all necessary paper work after physicians have seen their residents, i.e. transcribing orders, notifying the pharmacy, medical records and charting.
- Orders and receives medications per procedures and completes narcotic check and control drug count at shift changes per nursing policy and procedure.
- Updates and maintains resident care plans according to nursing policies and procedures.
- Acts as a role model in teaching and demonstrating nursing skills, professionalism, and proper conduct at all times to NA/Rs.
- Informs ordering person of needed nursing supplies.
- Provides direct resident care as necessary.
- Orients newly hired staff as needed.
- Assists in completion of, NAR assignment sheets, audits and evaluations as assigned.
- Attends meeting and in-services on a regular basis keeping up with current nursing practice.
- Starts and maintains IVs per protocol if within skills set.
- Completes lab draws when necessary if within skills set.
- Attends training and maintains current nursing license and CPR certification.
- Supervises aides assigned to residents on his/her team, counsels and disciplines as necessary.
- Observes resident’s rights- providing dignity, privacy and confidentiality.
- Knowledge and adherence to safety/disaster preparedness plan.
- Abides by the facility’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Performs job in safe manner according to established safety procedures and encourages and supports others in the safe performance of job duties.
- Attends meetings and mandatory in-services.
- Participates in and supports Quality efforts throughout the facility.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid State licensure as an RN.
- LTC experience preferred, but not required.
- Restorative or geriatric nursing experience preferred.
- Must possess basic computer skills, including email use.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must meet all local health regulations, and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation, and reference inquiry.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, all essential job functions are required. Management reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties, and hours as needs change. This document is for management communication only and is not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment.
Accura HealthCare embraces a unique upside-down culture, putting residents and direct-care staff at the top level of the organization. Our associates play a key role in supporting Accura’s purpose, “to care for others” and advancing the mission, “to be partners in care and family for life” and are expected to provide exceptional customer service by demonstrating and upholding our values of trust, integrity, accountability, commitment, and kindness through the development of strong relationships, servant leadership, and effective communication and follow-up.
Accura HealthCare, an Equal Opportunity Employer and leading post-acute healthcare provider based in Iowa, has communities in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota and Nebraska, and growing!