Registered Nurse Shift Supervisor
As a Registered Nurse Shift Supervisor, you will provide trauma informed supervision and training for Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistant Medication Technicians, while overseeing a range of administrative and clinical activities in support of running a safe and therapeutic milieu. Also, you will work collaboratively with team in carrying out treatment plans and objectives from time of admission to discharge.
Go home every day knowing your efforts helped directly serve your community and neighbors!
WHAT YOULL DO
- As a member of the KMHS Management Team, hire, train, coach, develop, evaluate with timely performance appraisals, discipline and if necessary discharge direct supervisees. Comply with all agency personnel policies. Support and comply with the KMHS affirmative action program.
- Work together with the Nurse Manager to develop important policies and protocols. Ensuring the safety, ethical, and evidence based practices are utilize giving the clients and visitors of KMHS an exceptional, trauma informed, and healing experience.
- Communicate with the Nurse Manager on a daily basis to ensure that all tasks completed in a timely manner. Have supervision with the Nurse Manager once per week to discuss pertinent information and foster exceptional professional relationship that will be exemplary to the nursing team.
- Support, encourage and implement evidence- based changes while fostering exceptional client care. Positive and encouraging leadership that will carry through in day- to -day decision making from the management team.
- Oversee nursing staff schedule management in support of 24- hour services for the people we serve.
- Participate as a team member in administrative, treatment, staff, training, and supervisory meetings as required including but not limited to Quality Program Reviews, Quality Assurance, and inpatient utilization review.
- Work diligently to foster open and collaborative communications with all staff as well as other agency departments; IE: Harrison Medical Center, Salish Behavioral Health Organization, and relevant external agencies to ensure continuity of the agencys mission statement, treatment philosophies and care for our clients.
- Supervise the day-to-day clinical operations of inpatient nursing services. Provide hands on training and guidance to foster the leadership qualities in all supervisees to ensure competence in their role of shift nurse or certified nursing assistant medication technician. Monitor in-service training for all inpatient nursing staff.
- Assist in the orientation of nursing students who utilize the Inpatient Center as a practicum site. Collaborate with the nursing programs instructor regarding scheduling, program description and in obtaining signed confidentiality statements.
- Supervise and participate in shift activities including regular attendance in pass-downs, Treatment Team meetings and clinical discussions for inpatient units. Ensure coordination of nursing services with staff physicians. Maintain awareness of activity on the inpatient units and facilitate continuity of care across disciplines and between shifts according to all recognized department and agency policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive and generous health, dental and vision benefits
- 19+ days of PTO and 8 paid holidays your first year
- An incredible team approach that is dynamic and collaborative
- Loan Forgiveness, training, and extensive education available
- Multiple locations and opportunities close to home
- Advancement opportunities available within the agency
- Free Employee Assistance Program and parking
- Full Time, Part Time and PRN positions along with flexible hours for professional advancement
WHO WE ARE
The grass really is greener on our side of the water! Come join us on the beautiful Kitsap Peninsula, where scenic vistas, outdoor activities, and historic towns offer many options for exploration just across Puget Sound from Seattle. Residents enjoy a peaceful, unhurried, affordable lifestyle, along with the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds. Seattle is a water commute away via fast ferry passenger service or the WA State Ferries, and Tacoma is a modest highway drive. To learn more, check out www.visitkitsap.com.
Kitsap Mental Health Services (KMHS) is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization filled with compassionate people doing important work. Weve been transforming lives and our community since 1978, helping our neighbors with mental and behavioral health challenges to achieve healthy, productive lives. As one of the largest non-profit employers in Kitsap County, our 500+ employees provide a comprehensive range of services to over 6500 children, youth, adults, and families annually.
Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any aspect which makes someone unique.