Registered Radiology Technologist - Radiology Department/Danville hospital location - Full Time - Days - 80 hours biweekly $5,000 sign on bonus
Hendricks Regional Health
Job Summary :Full time days, 80 hours biweekly working Monday through Friday. Seeking flexibility to be assigned to any of Hendricks radiology department locations (Danville, Avon, Avon YMCA, Brownsburg hospital, Brownsburg Green Street and Plainfield). Indiana Radiology Technologist license required.
To provide highest quality health care services in a professional and competent manner, by using ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes to produce images for interpretation by (or at the request of) a licensed practitioner.
1. Performs diagnostic radiographic procedures.
a. Corroborates patient’s clinical history with procedure, assuring information is documented and available for use by a licensed practitioner.
b. Prepares patient for procedures; providing instruction to obtain desired results, gain cooperation, and minimize anxiety.
c. Selects and operates radiography equipment, image and/or associated accessories to successfully perform procedures.
d. Positions patient to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest, respecting patient ability and comfort.
e. Immobilizes patients as required for appropriate examination.
f. Determines radiographic technique exposure factors.
g. Applies principles of radiation protection to minimize exposure to patient, self and others.
h. Evaluates radiographs or images for technical quality, assuring proper identification is recorded.
i. Assumes responsibility for provision of physical and psychological needs of patients during procedures.
j. Practices aseptic techniques as necessary.
k. Understands methods and is capable of performing venipunctures.
l. Prepares identifies and administers contrast media as prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
m. Verifies informed consent for, and assists a licensed practitioner with interventional procedures.
n. Assist licensed practitioner with fluoroscopic and specialized interventional radiography procedures.
o. May perform non-interpretive fluoroscopic procedures
p. May anchor indwelling urinary catheters if instructed.
q. Initiates basic life support action when necessary.
2. Provides patient education by describing tests and procedures.
3. Assumes responsibility for assigned area and report equipment malfunction. This includes appearance and cleanness of area and restocking of area supplies.
4. Provides input for supply decisions.
5. Provides practical instruction for students and/or other health care professionals.
6. Participates in the department’s quality assessment and improvement plan.
7. Complies with minimum standards as noted on the cover page of job description.
8. Use common sense and special medical skills to care for the sick or handicapped with regard to the patient’s age and diagnosis.
This position may include the requirement to participate in on-call duties in order to provide technical assistance or shift coverage as the need arises. Hours and days of on-call coverage may vary and will be determined at the discretion of the Director of Radiology and/or Radiology Coordinator. Current payroll policies and other hospital and departmental policies will be observed during the call-in situation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience Required:
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Radiographic Technology.
3. Computer experience.
Staff technologist perform radiography on a Comprehensive Practice Level. Individuals must demonstrate competency to meet state licensure and certification requirements defined by law for whole body radiography and maintain the credential R.T.(R) ARRT, or equivalent.
1. Be certified by the State of Indiana
2. Must be a graduate from an accredited Radiography program and possess an active student license by start date.
3. Must be Registry eligible and be an R.T.(R) ARRT in good standing within 6 months of hire.
Work Shift :Day Shift (United States of America)
Scheduled Weekly Hours :40