Registrar, NY Campus
American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA)
New York, NY
AMDA College of the Performing Arts, with campuses in New York City and Hollywood, is one of the foremost post-secondary performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as two year conservatory programs.
AMDA College of the Performing Arts is seeking an experienced leader who is committed to student learning and success and will be responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of each matriculated student’s academic record and upholding the academic policies of the Institution. AMDA is a CampusNexus SIS institution and uses Canvas as our LMS platform.
- Managing the daily operations and staff of the Registrar’s Office.
- Acts as the face and voice for student, parent, faculty and staff communications as it relates to the Office of the Registrar.
- Providing direction and oversight of new and continuing student registration.
- Maintaining, updating and creating policy as needed for each matriculated student’s academic record.
- Updating academic records to reflect official status changes including withdraws, leaves of absence, program changes, probation statuses, etc.
- Provide required reports to government and state agencies, third-party and internal departments as required.
- Update and create retention and destruction policies for student records.
- Transfer credit evaluation (when applicable).
- Grade processing and reporting.
- Final grade inquiry process management and resolution.
- Enrollment and certificate verification.
- Transcript production and verification.
- Maintain, interpret, implement and help create institutional policies that comply with state and federal academic regulations (including FERPA).
- Establishing policies for access to student records in regards to FERPA.
- Establishing policies as it pertains to the Office of the Registrar in coordination with our sister campus in Los Angeles as well as other departments.
- Coordination of the NY Commencement including: ordering regalia, ordering diplomas, and working with other offices in the School as needed to organize the ceremony.
- Maintenance and oversight of student enrollment from semester to semester.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working as an Associate Registrar or Registrar.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to deal professionally and confidentially with students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Must have computer skills in the area of data entry.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite Applications as well as Google Drive Applications.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership, creative problem-solving, collaboration, and project management.
- Expertise in an SIS and LMS platform.
- Capable of handling multiple demands on an on-going basis while maintaining flexibility and adaptability.
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work well in a confidential fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate, interact and work effectively with students, faculty, staff and all external constituencies.
- Ability to work with and report quantitative and qualitative information.
- Ability to learn new systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Master's degree is preferred.
AMDA is deeply committed to creating an inclusive community that actively challenges racism, sexism, heterosexism, religious bigotry, and other forms of bias. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V