Release of Information Specialist
Evaluate, document and respond to written, telephone and in person requests for information contained in the legal medical record. These requests could come from other health care organizations, attorneys, insurance companies, patients, and other interested third parties.Responsibilities:
Release of Information
- Prepare medical information for requests from patients, family members, insurance companies, attorneys, court orders/subpoenas, physicians and/or their office staff, other health care facilities and other third parties in accordance to policy and procedures
- Fulfill requests or submits request to approved release of information vendor for fulfillment.
- Invoice for appropriate requestors and follows up on request payments when fulfilled by the facility staff.
- Responsible for receipt of a properly executed HIPAA compliant authorization and/or request
- Collaborate with appropriate functional departments and staff to investigate and resolve issues related to documents, MPI, and other HIPAA requests such as accounting for disclosures Prioritize and respond to release of information requests within required timeframes
- Perform self-quality checks to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality and proper invoicing.
- Validate parental proxy requests for the electronic health record.
- Promptly and courteously answers office phone calls or assists with phone coverage for release requests.
- Respond to and fulfill patient walk-in record requests
- Access and retrieve patient information from various computer systems and media.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Associates degree in Health Science preferred
- Medical Terminology knowledge preferred
- Previous experience in a hospital/clinic setting or experience with electronic health records.
- 3+ years of experience with an electronic health record or hospital/medical setting preferred.
- Prior Release of Information experience preferred
- RHIT, RHIA or CRIS certification preferred.
- Read, writes, comprehends and speak fluent English
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task and work in an organized, efficient, and process-oriented manner
- Exhibits excellent oral communication skills and the ability to interact with customers and team members with diverse education, life style and back grounds in accordance to the affiliateâ€™s mission and vision.
- Possesses complex problem-solving skills in reasoning through work related issues
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to write clear and concise, grammatically correct notes and business correspondence without close supervision
- Keyboarding skills required
- Familiarity with Health Information exchanges and patient portals
- Experience with MS Office suite and the ability to learn new applications preferred.
- Requires knowledge of health information disclosure practices, concepts, laws and regulation preferred.
- Familiarity with Health Information exchanges and patient portals preferred.