Remote Forklift Operator and Trainer
South San Francisco, CA
Founded in 2017, Phantom Auto is the only company capable of remotely monitoring, guiding, and operating any type of vehicle from thousands of miles away.
We are an energetic and passionate team on a mission to build the future of vehicle operation.
At Phantom, every day is a unique adventure as we work to solve critical transportation issues. Because we work with companies around the world, we have the unique opportunity to work with a variety of vehicles and frequently discover new use cases for our technology by working with and listening to our customers.
If you are seeking a sense of purpose and interested in helping us build an industry-defining company that can change lives, this is the opportunity for you.
As a Remote Operations Specialist you will be a pioneer in a job of the future and help to accelerate the rapid and safe deployment of remotely operated materials handling equipment and industrial vehicles.
- Operate Remote Logistics Vehicles (Pallet Jacks, Forklifts, Yard-trucks, etc.) to stack, move, load, unload pallets using a remote forklift
- Strong commitment to a culture of safety in warehouse environments and distribution centers
- Experience with and an understanding of meeting productivity/quality KPI’s within the logistics field
- Lead all product demonstrations from scheduling of required support teams, communicating across functionals, develop and run pre-operational checks, resolution of any technical challenges, to full professional execution.
- Act as a Safety Monitor for a range of different industrial vehicles in various warehouse and distribution center environments.
- Execute and develop Remote Operator procedures, processes, checklists, and training
- Create failure tickets in Jira with thorough feedback on new features and existing systems. Previous experience with Jira is a plus but not required.
- Act as an instructor for future Phantom Remote Operators
- Experience training forklift operators and related industrial vehicles through full certification is desired
- Support the Quality Assurance Team and other Phantom teams when needed
- This position is in our San Francisco Office
- Valid driver's license
- Current OSHA Forklift Certification
- 5+ years of experience operating pallet jacks, counterbalance, or reach trucks in warehouse or distribution center environments. Experience conducting training and certifications on industrial vehicles strongly desired
- Responsible, dependable, professional and detail-oriented
- Good listener and fast learner
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to get the job done
- A team player willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office G Suite products
- A passion for new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter, highly motivated
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Employer provided dental + vision (100%) / health insurance (99.9%)
- Catered lunches
- Flexible PTO