Remote Inpatient Coder
Peak Health Solutions, LLC
We are looking for qualified Inpatient Coders to join our team!
Stability & Reputation – Founded in 2004, Peak Health Solutions delivers a superior set of solutions to hospitals that are some of the largest and most prestigious in the country. Peak recognizes coding isn't a project it is a Career! Keeping our coders consistently engaged is the #1 reason coders stay with Peak.
Rare opportunity –This is a unique opportunity to work for some of the nation's top hospitals, you will be a full time employee working 100% remotely from your location while receiving full company benefits. We offer online training and career advancement opportunities. Due to our diverse customer base, a background working with a wide variety of specialties will be required.
Support – Here at Peak, you work directly with a Coding Manager who has walked in your shoes. They will give you the guidance and assistance you need to be successful in your career here with us.
Compensation and Benefits – Peak Health Solutions offers competitive compensation and a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical/Dependent Care)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time-Off, Sick Time, Holidays
- 401k with company match
- High lucrative employee referral bonus program (You keep making money on employees you refer to Peak for the duration of their time with Peak!) – Great people know great people!
- Verizon Discounts
Employee Recognition – Employees will also participate in our company-wide rewards program entitled REACH – Recognizing Excellence, Accomplishments, Character and Hard work!
- Review inpatient charts to determine all diagnoses/procedure codes and accurate assignment of DRG. Abstract required elements including discharge dispositions.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding principles and applications as they relate to acute care hospital coding, clinic coding, and grouping
- Thorough knowledge of Official Coding Guidelines and payer specific requirements
- Ability to effectively utilize computerized encoder and/or other reference guides on-line
- Ability to read, decipher and analyze all aspects of medical record documentation for accurate coding
- Ability to work with high degree of precision, paying attention to detail to achieve the high accuracy levels required.
- Recognize incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous documentation and initiate physician queries as appropriate
- Knowledge of various hospital information systems, encoders and other technologies to facilitate a successful virtual work environment while maintaining maximum communication and adhering to HIPAA security standards
- Ability to work effectively individually as well as in a team environment
- Ability to troubleshoot minor technical issues
- Maintain 95% DRG and overall accuracy rate
- Maintain required productivity standards
- 5+ years working as an Inpatient Coder in an acute care facility, trauma center or teaching facility
- Minimum of successful completion of a coding certificate program in a program with AHIMA approval status
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, certification status preferred
- Coding certification preferred from the American Health Information Management Association
Peak Health Solutions, an AMN Healthcare company, is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply
About the Company
Peak Health Solutions, LLC
In addition to our expert management team, Peak Health Solutions, Inc.'s staff is comprised of coding and auditing professionals that are trained in the most current regulations and codes as necessitated by the highly regulated and ever-changing healthcare industry.
Peak Coders and Auditors:
- Are Credentialed by the American Health Information Management Association and/or the American Academy of Professional Coders
- Have an average 5+ years of experience in the field.
- Are thoroughly screened and have extensive experience in ambulatory and hospital settings.
- Receive ongoing training in regulatory updates, new procedures, new codes and current coding trends.
As a key differentiator with Peak Health Solutions, Inc., exceptional customer service comes from a corporate culture that values employee education and fosters growth within the company. Our staff is motivated by our mission and passes that enthusiasm to our clients.
Our client relationships are the backbone of our company. We work on an individual basis with our clients to create a customized and scalable solution, ensuring that each organization's needs are not only met, they are exceeded.
Customizable End-to-End Solutions
By offering the combination of coding, auditing and education services we are able to create a personalized coding solution that is scalable and customized to each client. Whether you need a portion of our services portfolio or a comprehensive solution, we have the expertise and scalability to meet your needs.
Reduced Accounts Receivable
By streamlining the coding process through increased coding accuracy, providing comprehensive auditing solutions, and targeted educational training, we can significantly reduce the volume of accounts receivable and help increase and maintain your organization's liquid capital.
Decreased Turnaround Time
Our national network of highly-trained and qualified Coders and Managers affords Peak the ability to work virtually around the clock to provide our clients with the most accurate and timely coding and auditing services possible, matching the quick pace of your organization's business.
Increased Accuracy & Productivity
By implementing our private-labeled PEAK technology platform, we are able to code more efficiently and accurately, providing our clients with cost saving results.
A Proven Return on Investment
With a 99% client satisfaction rate, Peak Health Solutions, Inc. exceeds the industry quality standards for coding and compliance services. From achievement of project timelines to quality standards and overall client satisfaction, we don't just promise exceptional results, we financially guarantee them.