REMOTE JOB: Mechanical Engineering Drafter/Designer
Duration: 6+ Months Contract (Possible Extension)
Location: Sunnyvale, CA 94086
NOTE: Candidates can work remotely until further notice.
Primary Function of Position:
Department: Mechanical Engineering, Instruments
Reports to: Director, Mechanical Engineering, Instruments
- The Mechanical Engineering drafter/designer will assist product engineering, manufacturing engineering, and other engineering teams at Client Surgical by providing CAD drafting and design support to create/revise drawings for new/legacy custom parts, designing and/or modifying new/legacy custom components in CAD, and by reviewing dimensions and tolerances on drawings to ensure their suitability for the intended production process.
- The successful candidate will have the technical depth and proven experience to create and review drawings to ASME Y14.5 standards. Candidate must have experience with Windchill for CAD data management. Candidate will demonstrate knowledge of GD&T and the use of CAD tools to create/refine designs and drawings for assemblies and custom parts made of sheet metal, weldments, various plastics - some with complex surfaces, castings, electrical cables/components, and machined parts.
- The candidate will be a team player, collaborate with engineering teams, and have a strong sense of responsibility and commitment towards producing accurate drawings.
- Work with various teams to identify drafting/design support needs and schedule workload based on priorities set by management
- Identify scope of design/drafting support needs requested by engineering teams
- Estimate time required to complete support activities
- Provide CAD design/drafting support as needed
- Communicate with vendors to determine process capabilities to verify manufacturability of part to tight dimensions/tolerances
- Support Product Engineering with creation and submission of ECOs
- Communicate with engineering teams to review drawing changes to suit manufacturing process capabilities
- Communicate designs and design changes with vendors and assist with DFM updates
- Work from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers to design static aids and dynamic fixtures used in testing and manufacturing of product
- Assist in creating engineering BOMs on drawings and in MRP systems
- Assist in lifecycle changes and production release of drawings via ECOs
- Provide mechanical engineering support for resolution of field and manufacturing issues via drawing changes
- Establish individual goals consistent with team goals and project schedules
- Associates degree in Mechanical and/or Industrial engineering required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in creating drawings for mechanical parts, electro-mechanical assemblies, tooling components, and electrical cable assemblies
- Some experience in creating parametric shapes using surface modeling
- Experience in creating assembly drawings of mechanisms and drawing BOMs
- Experience with drawing reviews/checking
- Understanding of dimensional tolerance capabilities of process such as injection molding, castings, machine parts, and sheet metal components.
- Proven experience in a fast paced, high transaction environment
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficiency using CAD to design and document mechanisms in SolidWorks
- Proficiency using Windchill PDM for file management
- Knowledge of ProE is beneficial
- Knowledge of component finishing processes such as electro-polishing, plating, heat treatment, paint/powder coating)
About the Company
TalentBurst is an award winning IT and Accounting & Finance staffing firm headquartered in Boston with branch offices in San Francisco, Miami, Milwaukee, Toronto, Bangalore, and Gurgaon. Our clients include the leading social media, technology, banks, utilities, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies.
We work with 75 of the Fortune 500 companies and work on 2,000 new job requisitions per month. Our recruiting team is one of the most successful in the industry. We have a strong reputation for treating our employees well and helping you find your next dream employer. Benefits At TalentBurst, one of our founding principles has been to provide our employees with the best benefits available. To adhere to this principle, we have a broad benefits offering. Our recruiters are dedicated to connecting you with awesome career growth opportunities with leading companies.