30+ days ago
Baton Rouge, LA
The purpose of this job is to oversee all day-to-day operations of the repair shop (including any repair techs on staff), helping to sell and promote repair service to our customer and be a support system to our stores, road reps and customers.
Essential Functions (not all-inclusive):
* Supervise and help with all estimation of repairs for customers
* Provide quality control of finished repairs
* Help with education of the most efficient repair methods and techniques to the staff
* Handle all administrative duties: production sheets, repair tickets, answering the phone, dealing with customers, reps, and retail staff, ordering parts, maintain accurate inventory.
* Provide in-school, onsite repair estimates to band directors for bulk and summer repairs
* Travel with the Ed Reps to key accounts to build and maintain a good relationship with band directors and handle any problems or questions they have.
* Provide repair clinics to directors and music education majors to help train them in minor repairs
* Maintenance of major shop tools and facilities to ensure a good working environment for your staff and personnel.
* Ensure repair turn-around time is working in the most efficient manner
* Work in customer owned instruments as well as rental fleet in an efficient & timely manner. Ensuring each instrument is repaired according to established quality guidelines.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Music & Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐ related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in Repairs.
* Valid state driver's license and automotive insurance.
* 8 years of relevant work experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience)
* 3 years of experience leading teams and running day-to-day operations of a full service repair shop
* Novice proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Basic understanding and function of all brass, woodwind, percussion and orchestral instruments
* Basic computer knowledge for maintaining logs and commission calculations
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled