Are you ready to grow sales and be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward and exceed customer expectations?
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as a Repair Technician in Waterford, CT!
Position is Monday to Friday (No Weekends!)
What you will do:
The Welding Repair Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and performing maintenance on welding systems manufactured or distributed by the company. The position will work at the local facility and at customer sites.
- Travels to customer sites to troubleshoot and make necessary repairs and/or perform routine maintenance and NIST traceable calibration on all types of Airgas equipment and products including, but not limited to:
- Manual, robotic and semi-automatic GMAWP, GTAW and PAW welding equipment including many custom semi-automatic systems.
- Orbital tube and pipe welding systems.
- High purity bulk and cylinder gas systems.
- Integrated welding and motion control systems.
- Computer controlled welding systems.
- PLC controlled welding systems and gas systems.
- Completes all service orders in a neat and timely fashion and obtains customer’s signature on the order prior to leaving facility.
- Maintains company provided diagnostic equipment, tools and other equipment in clean, good working condition and within manufacturer’s recommendations. Properly looks and secures the equipment at the end of each day.
- Maintain inventory of parts in the Airgas facility.
- Communicates by phone and in person with vendors, customers, sales staff, store managers and others, providing information on repair times, ordering of parts and supplies, etc.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM’s) on Airgas customer equipment per company procedures.
- Maintain database of, and schedule all calibration and PM’s on Airgas and Airgas’s customer equipment.
- Follows Airgas safety procedures and attends monthly safety meetings.
- Other Duties as Required
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED Required. (Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Welding Technology preferred).
- 2 years electrical and/or electronics experience.
- Must have general mechanical skills.
- Ability to attend training with vendors on a yearly basis, ie: Miller, Hypertherm, and Lincoln.
- Must be able to distinguish between different colors on electrical schematics drawings.
- Must be familiar with the concept of continuous quality improvement.
- Must be able to use trade type tools or hand tool such as welding equipment.
- Must maintain a clean MVR
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to work in DOS and windows based computer systems.
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability