The McConnell Group, Inc
The McConnell Group, Inc. (TMG) is seeking a Research Assistant to support a variety of human clinical research studies at Travis Air Force Base, CA. This position requires a favorable background check and occupational health requirements. This position is full-time, Mon-Fri, standard business hours. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.
The Research Assistant will provide research services and support compatible with the
Clinical Investigations Facility 60th MDG operating capacity and equipment and will provide assistance to the Clinical Research Manager, Principal Investigator(s) (PI), and Clinical Research Coordinators to facilitate biomedical human and animal research protocols.
- The Research Assistant shall assist the Clinical Research Manager with the following in order to develop research protocols:
- Identify the appropriate forms and processes necessary to complete the research protocol.
- Coordinate statistical and scientific consultation from CIF staff.
iii. Facilitate review and approval of the research protocol.
- At the direction of the Clinical Research Manager, the Research Assistant shall assist with coordinating assigned research studies in accordance with approved protocol and applicable local and state and federal regulations while promoting the safety and confidentiality of research subjects and their data at all times:
- Ensure study materials, equipment and/or research animals are ordered for the research protocol and in accordance with Clinical Research Division policies.
- Maintain complete and accurate drug and equipment accountability at all times.
iii. Advertise the study and recruit participants.
- Meet with potential research subjects to explain the research project in detail and enroll eligible subjects into the study by obtaining written informed consent.
- Schedule subjects for a research appointment(s) or schedule operating room time.
- Maintain a master calendar for the study, and serve as point of contact for research subjects.
vii. Identify delays and other shortcomings in meeting objectives and develop a
contingency plan as required.
viii. Administer surveys or questionnaires.
- Deliver specimens to internal laboratory and/or shipping specimens to a referral
- Collect clinical samples and/or data within their scope of practice.
- Abstract required research data elements from paper or electronic patient records or other existing documents or files, in accordance with an approved research protocol and enter these data in the spreadsheets, databases, and/or statistics software.
xii. Work with the primary investigator and/or statistician to refine and prepare data sets for analysis.
- The Research Assistant shall provide administrative support for the management of clinical research operations as necessary:
- Assist with IRB and/or IACUC agenda and minutes preparation.
- Maintain electronic and paper files of research protocols in accordance with regulatory requirements.
iii. Coordinate administrative tasks (scheduling, room reservations, etc.) to support research educational programs.
- Must submit a monthly status report to TMG.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) Infection Control and Employee Health Programs.
- Skilled in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, graphic, email, and database software.
- Skilled in writing memorandums, correspondence, abstracts, articles, and proposals.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in the resolution of problems.
- Ability to make presentation to groups.
- Ability to be a selfstarter and work independently.
- Ability to interface with investigators, vendors, research staff, and study participants.
Minimum Education/Training/Experience Requirements:
- Possess, at minimum, an Associates' degree in a health related field (for example, nursing, pharmacy, biology, health scientist or public health specialist) or a clinical certification (for example, certified nursing assistant or laboratory technician).
- One to Two years of clinical experience within the past three years, preferably in the research setting.
- Experience in providing assistance to the Principal Investigator(s) (PI) to facilitate biomedical human and animal research protocols.
- Possess current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS). The contractor/clinical research assistant is responsible for maintaining the certification in a current status throughout the life of this contract.