Research Assoc. (Biological Assays, Toxicology, Cell Culture)
So. San Francisco, CA
Yoh Scientific is currently seeking Research Associate for one of our top manufacturing clients located in South San Francisco, CA. Our client Company is a consistent leader in its field and is well known their services. This is a great opportunity to build experience with a large, globally recognized company; and local candidates, who meet the qualifications below, are encouraged to apply!
The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- experience in cell culture and will be responsible for: culturing and expanding primary cells and cell lines for in vitro screening
- Contract opportunity
- This is an onsite position, worker must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
You’ll Be Doing:
- The mission of the Investigative Toxicology group is to elucidate the mechanisms underlying toxicities that are observed non-clinically and/or in clinical trials through hypothesis driven research.
- This process involves closely collaborating with scientists across the organization to support the overall safety assessment for our novel therapeutics spanning drug discovery through clinical development and marketing.
- The group provides fit-for-purpose investigation to address target safety assessment, lead optimization and issue mitigation by employing state-of-the-science in vitro and ex vivo approaches.
- We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to work in collaboration with other researchers in the Investigative Toxicology lab.
- This laboratory-based role involves performing, qualifying and implementing biological assays and technologies to support the Investigative Toxicology group.
- This individual must have experience in cell culture and will be responsible for: culturing and expanding primary cells and cell lines for in vitro screening, treating and performing assays to assess cytotoxicity and metabolic changes of cells, capturing cell culture images using confocal and high content imaging. In particular, a focus of this position will be to support the Investigative
- Toxicology group’s capabilities in the area of complex in vitro systems (e.g., 3D spheroids/organoids, microphysiological systems) and other cell-based models to assess toxicity liabilities for large and small molecules during lead optimization in drug discovery.
- This individual is expected to make detailed observations related to experiments, perform, analyze data and interpret results.
- He/she will contribute with scientific insights and also work in projects related to peer review publications.
- The individual may also participate in other related projects to support toxicity testing for our drug discovery program.
- This is an ideal position for a researcher who is enthusiastic about learning and contributing to projects with a broad range of techniques.
- As such the position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills, attention to detail, a desire to learn about and integrate multiple aspects of drug toxicity and a passion for lab-based research.
What’s In It For You?
We welcome you to be a part of the largest and legendary global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh’s network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh’s extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh’s vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
401K Retirement Saving Plan
Life & Disability Insurance
Direct Deposit & weekly epayroll
Employee Discount Program’s
Referral Bonus Program’s
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Recruiter: Mary Nguyen
#Mon-SAYoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
About the Company
Yoh is here. Yoh is there. Yoh is virtually everywhere. All in and busy going all out, doing everything it takes to take you where you want to go – forward. How? By foregoing the talent pool in favor of our own sea of talent, helping you find just the right person for the job. And if you think you're that person, we want to talk to you.