Research/Sr. Research Associate - Discovery Biology
Orionis Biosciences is looking for experienced scientists to join our transatlantic, interdisciplinary research team and help advance our science, technology and drug discovery & development efforts. This position is based at our headquarters overlooking the Cambridge reservoir in Waltham, MA.
The integrated nature of our drug discovery approaches, and operating culture, requires uncompromised and well-organized teamwork between talented individuals with diverse skill sets. This applies to all positions across the company. You will be challenged to apply their individual skill sets in team settings to advance project objectives in the most efficient manner possible, and to effectively problem solve - while in the process having the opportunity to expanding their own skill sets, knowledge base, personal growth and career.
- B.S. degree or advanced degree in a biological field, with relevant technical experience in the industry (3+ years)
- Self-motivating individual, driven by creating impact through diligent work ethics, innovation and efficient translation of ideas and technical skills into focused and rational experimentation
We are interested in candidates with significant, demonstrated knowledge and technical experience in molecular and/or cell biology – preferably in context of and with application to drug discovery. Skill sets would include several of the following, based on previous experience in small molecule drug discovery or protein-based therapeutics (biologics):
- Recombinant DNA techniques
- Tissue culture techniques and various types of cellular assays (gene reporter assays etc.)
- Immunological assays, preferably experience with flow cytometry-related assays
- In vitro biochemical assays to assess drug ligand-target interactions
- Protein purification and characterization methods
- Experience with automation-based laboratory equipment is a plus
- Good organizational skills, incl. experimental planning, project execution, data recording and summaries, data analysis and interpretation
- Operational matters: responsible approach to laboratory work, diligent in maintaining laboratory equipment and supplies, working with peers to maintain good lab operation practices
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)