Residence Director - Wanaque Residence
New York, NY
The Residence Director is responsible for the well-being and progress of the residents of the residence building as well as the competence and proficiency of their staff. The expectation for the Residence Director is to work closely and collaboratively with the community to achieve goals for Fountain House mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a team of Residence Staff Workers.
- Recruit, hire and provide supervision to residential/program staff so that agency and depart goals are communicated effectively, position goals is continuously evaluated, and appropriate training and correction is made.
- Lead and direct the day to day to operations of the program, staff, and processes, including the safety, wellbeing, and comfort of residents.
- Ensures management of appropriate staff coverage per contractual requirements and service delivery needs, including that shifts are staffed.
- Provide and/or 24/7 coverage.
- Function as a role model for residents and staff through engagement and by working alongside.
- Collaborate with other Residence/Program directors to strategize, support and problem-solve.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate within the agency and external providers and partners.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing leadership to members and staff.
- Ability to work independently and to conduct assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Skilled in conflict mediation/negotiation and have an assertive approach to problem-solving
- Strong understanding, appreciation and commitment to the philosophy and mission of Fountain House.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- Graduate degree in related field, preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required(work experience within the field may be substituted for a degree).
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with individuals with serious and persistent mental illness.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet all physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to lift and /or move items up to 25lbs or more
- Position requires the ability to effectively sit, stand, walk, stop, kneel, couch, reach, climb or balance throughout daily work shifts, while supporting members with serious mental health issues.