Resident Experience Director - Edina
Allegro Senior Living
Allegro is a respected leader in the senior living industry, actively engaged in ownership, operations, design, development and property management services for multiple luxury brands throughout the US, with corporate headquarters located in St. Louis, MO.
We've thought of everything to make life at Avidor in Edina exceptional. Embark on your next adventure. Do what you want to do. This vibrant 55+ community is designed for people who seek to enjoy an active and inspired life along with their friends. Relax, connect daily and enjoy the culture. Avidor offers an array of a la carte services and amenities for your choosing. Quality finishes and fixtures plus inspiring and thoughtful touches make your apartment a place you love to call home.
The primary responsibility of the Resident Experience Director is to provide a diverse, appealing, full-time social and activity program at the property for all residents. Individual offerings should include a variety of social, recreational, cultural, physical, educational, and spiritual opportunities for resident involvement that encourages socialization and creativity, expands personal interest, and increases physical activity and education, while being geared toward the properties' specific needs.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop a monthly activity plan that supports achievement of Company goals and ownership objectives.
• Oversee the administration of all resident experience programs and expenses associates with the offerings. Operate according to Company policies and procedures and submit relevant reports and narratives as required.
• Recruit, hire, train, manage, motivate, and evaluate the Driver, including corrective action and recommendations for separation decisions, according to Company policies and procedures.
• Schedule the Driver to stay within budgeted department guidelines and optimize the hours so that day, evening and weekend opportunities for activities, programs and outings exist.
• Create and manage the resident experience budget within approved guidelines and according to Company goals and ownership objectives.
• Manage the implementation of activities and events detailed in the activity plan with the other staff, the Community Director, and other Department Heads of the Property.
• Recruit, train, manage and motivate volunteer groups(s) and/or individual volunteer(s) to assist with the programs.
• Establish a full-time program that supports residents' interests and is offered seven days a week.
• Oversee the development of a monthly newsletter that is informative, entertaining and can be utilized to market the Property.
• Create and manage the activity calendar in conjunction with marketing activities and events.
• Actively participate in the Sales & Marketing effort by working with the Lifestyle Advisor to devise marketing strategies.
• Manage relationships with third party vendors involved in programs and activities at all levels including; recruiting, researching, scheduling, and supervising.
• Establish resident groups and oversee according to Company policies and procedures.
• Oversee and monitor the proper accounting for hours worked using the time clock. This includes review of time clock records with the Community Director on a timely basis and submission of new hire paperwork as required
• Create and manage a resident transportation schedule and assist in maintaining community transportation vehicles per Company policies and procedures, ensuring adherence to the transportation budget and expenditures, where applicable.
• Be prepared to drive the property vehicle on an as needed basis, where applicable.
• Must know and follow all guidelines in the Vehicles policy.
• Maintain documentation on resident experience planning, organization, evaluation and goals.
• Conduct program evaluations, survey resident social and lifestyle preferences, and tailor lifestyle programming to meet resident preferences.
• Participate in appropriate Department Head management training both through internal workshops and outside seminars.
• Attend and participate in training to develop relevant knowledge and skills related to programming.
• Identify and post content that can be shared on social media platforms (i.e. Facebook) that represent the brand as outlined in the Company's Social Media Parameters.
• Provide services and interactions throughout the Property which delight residents, prospects, and the greater community with inspired experiences which result in referrals and high occupancy.
• Participate in and contribute to all meetings and training as required by Company policy and the Community Director.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing proper attire and name tag when on duty.
• Report all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the Community Director as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
• Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents' rights.
• Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, associate, Property or Company information deemed as such.
• Other duties as assigned.Special Requirements/Certifications:
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age. State specific guidelines may apply.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. Some college study or degree in human services-related field preferred.
- Activity Professional Certification preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years experience as Activity Director or Activity Assistant at an active adult, independent living, or assisted living community with related skills in scheduling activities, special events and leading group activities.
- Knowledge of local recreational opportunities preferred.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, CPR/AED certification.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, certificate of completion of Water Safety course (if applicable).
- Must have working knowledge of appropriate Microsoft Office programs.
- Must possess attention to detail, be energetic/enthusiastic, and able to multi-task.
- Must possess good organizational skills, be adaptable, flexible and have good verbal communication skills.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- The Property is a drug free workplace; associates are subject to adherence to the Company Drug Free Workplace policy.
- Must have a means of transportation.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for the state where the vehicle is operated. CDL with passenger endorsement preferred.
- Must have an acceptable Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) record. The record must be checked annually.
- Must be insurable by the Property's automobile insurance carrier.
- Must not have the following:
- Driver's license denied or revoked within the last three (3) years.
- Two (2) or more suspensions (with reinstatement), within three (3) years or currently suspended license without reinstatement. Suspensions for certain offenses will not be considered for the purposes of this requirement, i.e.: unpaid tickets, failure to appear, underage use of tobacco, and failure to pay child support.
- Any major DMV citation in the last five (5) years. Major citations include, but are not limited to: DUI, DWI, speeding more than 25 mph, reckless driving, careless driving, vehicular homicide, manslaughter, or any citation punishable by incarceration.
- Two (2) or more at fault accidents within the last three (3) years.
- Three (3) or more moving violations within the last five (5) years.
- Must be able to pass a driving safety test while driving the Community vehicle.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age but not more than seventy (70) years of age. If over 70 years of age, the driver must provide documentation from their primary care physician that they can operate the assigned vehicle. This documentation must be renewed every year.