Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Residential Recovery Specialist to work Sunday through Thursday from 7:00am to 3:30pm at our Granite City, IL location, servicing the Metro East and St. Louis, MO areas.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Complete required data entry and paperwork in accordance with program and agency policies and procedures, including but not limited to opening and closing requirements, admit notes, assessments, treatment/recovery plans, progress notes and any other funder requirements: 100% of admit notes, assessments and treatment/recovery plans to be completed prior to due dates and 80% of progress notes and any other required data entry or paperwork submitted within forty-eight hours of the delivery of the service, accurate & thorough documentation or data entry to the Medication Administration Records, to be completed as clients take their medications, timely, accurate and thorough shift report completion.
- Provide services identified in treatment/recovery/safety plan that are consumer driven and meet the program requirements, including maintaining a minimum of 65% productivity of available time, especially crisis intervention and when assigned, detox services.
- Promote the recovery model of treatment including trauma-informed care, hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness by assisting consumers with regaining control over their own lives through self-directed recovery; including utilizing recovery language in all applicable documentation.
- Provide for referral, linkage and advocacy to recommend community resources especially involving support networks, substance use treatment, veteran services and discharge planning.
- Promote positive interactions within Chestnut and with the community, especially with referral sources, law enforcement personnel and support networks, to sustain a favorable program reputation.
- Attend meetings and consumer staffings, participate in program development activities and provide support and backup to other team members as necessary, including: Attending and ensuring supporting documentation of 100% of monthly, required Rule 132 supervision if not a LPHA, and attending all mandatory Chestnut trainings and CEU requirements if applicable.
- Answer in-coming phone calls and messages, receive and distribute mail, and observe video surveillance equipment where applicable, to resolve all inquiries as indicated.
- Demonstrates knowledge of group interventions and utilizes various techniques to present information, to create sustained attendance.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and consumer information.
- Provide other duties as assigned, required or specifically negotiated with supervisor.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and five (5) years’ supervised mental health experience;
- Or a master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related field with less than 1,000 hours of supervised mental health experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled