Residential Service Electrician
WORK WITH YOUR HANDZ
My Plumber PLUS is hiring Residential Service Electricians in Northern Virginia and Suburban Maryland to service our customers.
As a qualified candidate you will apply your technical skills and knowledge in the assembly, installation, maintenance, repair, and service of electrical systems and fixtures.
Some of the benefits offered are year around work, a company truck, tools to be able to carry out your electrical service, uniforms and a complete package including a 401(k), medical, dental, life and vision benefits.
As an experienced Electrician you will:
Diagnose and repair residential electrical systems, consult customers on their needs and wants, advise customers on safety concerns regarding their homes electrical systems and lead customers to informed and confident decisions.
- Complete all general electrical in-home, service calls.
- Establish customer trust and rapport to provide the best options regarding the right products and services.
- Educate and assist customers in choosing the best finance options and maintenance plans.
- Understand your service criteria and hold yourself accountable for exceeding revenue goals.
- Show yourself as professional and knowledgeable technician to gain new referrals and repeated business.
- Work alongside customer service and dispatch to ensure overall success of the business.
- Maintain a clean, organized job site and well inventoried truck.
- Participate actively in all training exercises, meetings, trade shows and retreats.
- Train and mentor apprentices to ensure quick, accurate repairs and installations.
- Be accurate and timely with invoices, time cards, curbside feedback and option sheets.
Competencies for Success
- Licensed with knowledge of local electrical codes and ability to make on-the-job applications.
- Proven track record in electrical techniques including electrical hardware, junction boxes and circuit breaker units, trace lines and reading wiring diagrams.
- Maintaining continued education and training on a yearly basis.
- Clean, safe driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test
- Highly organized.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- High integrity, exceptional communication and social skills.
- Proven ability to make solid customer connections and relate with customers positively.
- Strong desire to improve professionally.
- Team player.
Full Benefits package including Heath, dental, vision, 401k with a match, life insurance, PTO, tool allowance and much more!! Opportunities for advancement!
What can they do for you?
- Provide stability – over 30% of their staff has been employed 10 years or longer.
- They’ve been in business for 40 years and have 5-star reviews.
- They have a great benefits package (see full list below).
- They are a family-owned company with a fun, professional and caring management team.
- They are growing and so are the opportunities for advancement.
- They provide ongoing training and professional development.
- They have box seats to the Nat’s, Caps and Jiffy Lube Live for employees to enjoy!
- Team events and an Annual Crab Feast for employees and their families.
- Pride in working for a company that makes a difference in the community and always does right by the customer.
- Culture of continuous improvement including use of latest technology platforms in the industry.